Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another new member (Read 1988 times)
jrsubs
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Another new member
09/19/11 at 22:59:48

Hmm I didn't see this, maybe that explains why no-one was talking to me in other forum!  My brief story...

Over 25 years I've been diagnosed with, in order...

- CFS
- Lyme disease, or similar
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

All had dominant inflammatory aspects.  In the last few years I've generally become more reactive and a month ago I had a very bad reaction to a vehicle I was driving for a week. It left me with my itch becoming permanent.  Previously it had only occurred if I was exposed to my 'MCS' triggers.

In discussion with a fellow MCS sufferer I mentioned how mast cells always seemed to come up in everything I followed up in terms of my symptoms.  For example, how I was improved by only two things I knew of, massage and hot baths or saunas.  Both these have mast cells in their explanations of effect.  She mentioned that there was such a thing as mast cell disorder .. which led me here.

Since then, I've discovered so many of my inexplicable symptoms are explained, possibly, by some sort of mast cell disorder.  Examples are how a few years ago I noticed that after a hot sunny bushwalk I always got the itch which otherwise I'd have thought would have improved by being away from triggers.  Another was the recurrent facial flushing that was associated with sun and exercise but not related to sunburn.  Tendon pain and sensitivity at times, and vascular pain and strange problems...

So here I am and hoping to find at least symptomatic relief and some better understanding of what is afflicting me.

A bit overwhelmed to see I still have 898 thousand characters before I reach the post limit!  People must write essays.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Another new member
Reply #1 - 09/21/11 at 15:53:57

Hi JR!!

Welcome to the forum!!  Go ahead and use up ALL of those characters if you wish - we won't complain!!  I won't anyway! LOL

Your symptoms do indeed sound like a mast cell disorder.  Why don't you tell us more of what you go through and what testing your doctors have done.  We can suggest to you some other tests which are specific for a mast cell disorder.   If you tell us where you live, perhaps we know of doctors who are near you.

Sorry about no answers on the other site.  We had to abandon it due to problems with the server.  We're much happier here!  Glad you found us!

Ask away!  No questions are bothersome here!

Hugs

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 09/23/11 at 07:03:25

Hi JR, just wanted to welcome you here and tell you, you have found the right place!! You sound like youre experiencing many mast cell symptoms. There is so much great info here.. ask anything you want.. and know we're here for you! Welcome again!!
Hugs,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 09/25/11 at 12:59:50

You sound a lot like me.   I just joined a few days ago.

Zippy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print