Send Topic Print
Elevated ESR and CRP (Read 4488 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Elevated ESR and CRP
09/03/11 at 04:39:53

I just wanted to ask, does anybody know if masto can causes elevated ESR and CRP levels. I'm currently having a flare and I had an elevated CRP but normal ESR.
Melissa

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Elevated ESR and CRP
Reply #1 - 09/03/11 at 04:43:53

I believe that they can, but to what extent I don't know.  Also it may be possible that only one of the two markers would be elevated but I really don't know a whole lot about these markers, however.   Yet funny thing, my biopsies showed tons of chronic inflammation but both of these markers were normal on me.  

Melissa, masto is a disease of a contradiction of terms. Mast cells are responsible and totally involved in inflammatory processes, and yet, in my case, these markers for inflammation were negative in spite of the physical proof of inflammation.   Why?  I've not a clue!  

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 09/03/11 at 06:33:17

Thank you Lisa. Hope you are doing and feeling well. I was trying to determine if masto is the cause of this flare I seem to be in that mostly doesn't seem to be responding to extra antihistamines. Who knows? Time to move on. Thank goodness for the prednisone right now.
Hugs!
Melissa

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 09/04/11 at 15:09:56

Hey Melissa, get this!  I spoke with an authority on this and he told me that he himself doesn't quite know what these markers mean in regards to masto!!  He said that he's seen cases where some patients have them elevated and others not and it doesn't seem to indicate much.  He said that there are those like me where there is obvious widespread inflammation going on but don't have elevated markers.  And there are others where either one or both can be elevated but there isn't much really going on to explain the elevations.  He said that he's come to ignore these markers for they don't really indicate much regarding us masto patients!!

So, dear, in other words, if they are your only really off markers and there's nothing to really reinforce it, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, it's probably nothing and one of those freaky contradictory things that masto does!!

Ha!  How's that for an answer?!

Hugs!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 09/05/11 at 06:20:29

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Smiley
Melissa

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #5 - 09/05/11 at 11:21:26

Hey Melissa,

Wonder if it could be prostaglandins?  Can you take Tylenol?  If so, you could try the maximum dose and see if it helps.  I know it sounds like sending a boy to do a man's job, but it does have an effect on prostaglandins.  If you can tolerate aspirin, or ibuprofen, or naproxen, one of those might work better.  Dr. Theoharides sells his algonot formula with quercetin and other ingredients that reduce inflammation.  It takes some months to get the full effect.  Quercetin can also be taken alone.

A couple of times a year I have to do a burst of prednisolone.  It seems to turn down the heat (pain and inflammation) and resets something that gives me relief for a longer time.  

Joan

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #6 - 09/06/11 at 03:54:33

I haven't tried asprin therapy yet. Currently taking ibu's. They are working good. The Algnot supplement has soy in it, so I don't wanna try it. I have Qurecetin/Bromelein, and didn't notice a difference. Took it for about 3 1/2 weeks. Might try it again.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print