Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dynamic Neural Retraining System (Read 6256 times)
jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
Dynamic Neural Retraining System
08/29/11 at 11:32:21

I have been researching a 3 day workshop called Dynamic Neural Retraining System.  It is conducted by a lady named Annie Hopper.  She says she used to have multiple chemical sensitivity but cured herself with this program.

She says that people with multiple chemical sensitivity, fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, and other conditions mentioned on her website have a disorder of the limbic system of the brain.  She said that this results in faulty wiring.  People can be trained, she says, to reroute or reprogram the wiring to stop the flight or flight type hypersensitivity responses.  She has testimonials by people who attended her workshop with extreme food sensitivities, electrical hypersensitivity, multiple chemical sensitivity, fibromyalgia, and other conditions who said they saw dramatic results in 2-3 days.

To follow the program, you attend a 3 day workshop with a maximum of 10 people in attendance.  Annie presents the material and you practice the exercises.  Once you come home, you have to practice them for 1 hour a day for 6 months.  Lots of these people say they are all cured.

The website is  http://www.dnrsystem.com

Has anyone heard of this?  It seems too good to be true.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Dynamic Neural Retraining System
Reply #1 - 08/29/11 at 19:55:18

I agree that it sounds too good to be true.  There are so many people who prey upon sick people, that I'm skeptical.  If it helps, they should have some prior participants with whom you can speak.  The question that would be most important to me is whether or not any controlled studies have been published in reputable scientific journals that indicate value of this method of treatment.

If these are exercises that induce relaxation and lower stress levels, in which case, it might be helpful, but at an excessive price!  I'd like to know if you speak with people who've taken the course and what they say.

Joan

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 08/29/11 at 20:16:34

Retraining yourself to react differently to stimuli with  sensory input is quite different from a disease where cells react abnormally. She has alot of nerve to use the word cure while people with mast cell diseases suffer  to live as close to normal as possible. Ive gone through shock many times and as a nurse, I say it is pure bunk to think I could merely wish myself out of it. I consider it irresponsible and greedy of that person to focus on people with incurable diseases to victimize.

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 08/29/11 at 23:47:23

Think of it this way: I created this forum as a way to share my tips (and allow others to share theirs) in order to help those with mast cell disease help themselves. I could have kept the forum private and only allowed membership with viewing privileges for a hefty membership fee that would allow one to discover ways to "cure" oneself. Imagine all the money I could have made since we have nearly 400 members! Haa! However, it never even occurred to me to try to make money off of helping people get better in the same way I did. That is your biggest clue that you should be suspicious of that website. If someone really wanted to help, then why charge for it????

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 08/30/11 at 07:49:05

God bless you for it Deb; So many people on this site give PRICELESS advice and encouragement EVERYDAY- and many of us are too sick to make a decent living, let alone keep shelling out $ for "iffy cures".
A HUGE thank you, and daily thoughts and prayers for the gift of sharing !!! <3

IP Logged

jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
Reply #5 - 08/30/11 at 13:52:18

I really appreciate all of you on this forum!  You have always been here to give me advice and help me through.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print