Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any thoughts on why Singulair helped more than Zyrtec and Zantac (Read 2854 times)
texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Any thoughts on why Singulair helped more than Zyrtec and Zantac
08/24/11 at 05:43:15

Any thoughts on why Singulair helped more than Zyrtec and Zantac alone to cover the neuropathic pain and neuro symptms I was having?  I realize Zyrtec is H1, Zantac H2, and Singulair blocks leukotrienes...but is there a particular link between leukotrienes and this type of pain?  Just curious if anyone had any ideas?

NEVER MIND...think I might have found a study that looks at this...wow, maybe its not just my imagination that it worked better for me in combination....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19908283

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Any thoughts on why Singulair helped more than Zyrtec and Zantac
Reply #1 - 08/24/11 at 12:37:06

Thanks for posting that.  This one, too:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21804200

Joan

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Any thoughts on why Singulair helped more than Zyrtec and Zantac
Reply #2 - 08/24/11 at 12:47:31

Thanks Joan...this researcher who did these studies seems to be on top of linking leukotrienes to pain.  My goal is to crush these nasty leukotrienes now that I know they are causing my pain too!

I will tell you, I kind of backed into taking anthihist etc the opposite way from most people.  I was having terrible fibro pain and IC pain of course I didn't know what they were...but I incidentally also have allergy problems and noticed every time I took anthist for the allergy problems, this unknown pain I had would get temporarily better.   So...I had the backward experience of having no idea what I had except that antihist helped it.  Then, when I got diagnosed with IC, I had been doing a mainline treatment of IC and MCAD just by accident.  I asked several of the drs. why they helped and of course, they looked at me like I was a crazy person...that is until I got diagnosed. Sorry, long, weird story...I digress. Roll Eyes

Kim

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print