Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thinking about it is making me feel worse.. (Read 1059 times)
ADork
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Castle Rock, Co
Thinking about it is making me feel worse..
08/21/11 at 05:26:24

While waiting for my biopsy, I'm trying to now pay attention and journal my reactions in an attempt to narrow down triggers.  

But that causes me to be constantly thinking about how I feel and I think that is making me feel worse..  It may be that old thought that you cannot be thinking of 2 things at the same time, and that if you can successfully take your mind off of it for a little while you'll feel better??

Or when you see a bunch of spiders on TV you start to feel crawly all over???  

I just may be going nuts  Cheesy

problem is that I tend to get tunnel vision and will probably be thinking of nothing but masto until I  know..

Cindy

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Re: Thinking about it is making me feel worse..
Reply #1 - 08/21/11 at 07:48:03

I can relate to what you are saying. I have to work hard at NOT letting this consume me. That's hard to do when I feel crappy so much or limited in what I can do. Not to mention having to do SO much research to educate myself so I can be the best advocate for myself as possible.
This forum is a great a great place for information and venting and finding others who have been or are going through similar issues.
Good luck and remember we are here for you.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 08/21/11 at 18:01:34

Hi Cindy,
Kim has is right... sometimes it weighs on us--but thats why we are here to make it lighter for each other. There will be days that you stay here 24 hours a day --and other days that you wont want to even think of it! Thats totally normal Smiley  Whatever kind of day youre having roday.,., we do care..
big hug for you
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 08/22/11 at 00:38:22

I was a big journaler at the beginning of my illness in order to see what was wrong with me. My strategy was to record things in the morning and in the evening.

I never think of my illness, but I am always aware of it. Sounds crazy, huh? What I mean is that I know my triggers and I automatically avoid them, just like any person who would avoid doing or eating something they don't like. It has become second nature for me, and it is easy. You have to forece yourself to distract yourself, though. Like you, if I spend too much time dwelling on it, I can start up my own symptoms right then and there! So, I simply don't let myself dwell....

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print