Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lab found mast cells! (Read 1562 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Lab found mast cells!
08/18/11 at 09:46:02

Oh my goodness, oh my gosh...pinch me! After years of searching and firing doctors, thanks to Dr Afrins advice to re-test my colonoscopy biopsies, the lab reported to me this morning that my biopsies were positive for mast cells. Did not give me information beyond that but told me the full report will be given to my family doc next week. Could it be? I suppose I have gotten accustomed to having gobs of different tests done that came back negative so I'm not sure how to behave. As I'm sure you all can relate, I don't WANT a disorder but having a clue what it might be is a relief so now I can get on the proper medications so I can feel better.
I just had to share that. I hope that anyone who might have been following the topic on these tests under the 'Mast Cell Doctors' section on this forum will see this and know that in my opinion if it were not for Dr Afrins email communications with me and his advice for tests, I would probably still heme beating my head against the brick wall of doctors who couldn't help me!

Kim

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Lab found mast cells!
Reply #1 - 08/18/11 at 14:38:39

Hi Kim!!

I know exactly what your thoughts and feelings are - very bittersweet!!  You don't know if you want to cry from sadness or cry from sheer relief!  It's a hard moment, but yet a good moment nonetheless!  I don't think I'll ever forget when my ANA test returned showing alterations.  It was the very first test run looking in any other direction than cancer and up til then I'd been barraged with one doctor after another saying I'd lost my grip when I lost my uterus!!  What I was losing it over were the stupid doctors who couldn't see past my missing uterus instead!   So the tears were mixed that of sadness for finding something definitely wrong with me and yet they were rejoicing that finally we had something to move on and send us in the right direction!!

So, without sounding glad, I do congratulate you for you are FINALLY WALKING DOWN THE RIGHT PATH!!   Now, you can find PROPER TREATMENT and EVERYTHING will begin to come back into the right order for once your doctor can find what is wrong, he can treat it.

So, congrats my friend, for having PUSHED SO VERY HARD!!  I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU!!   It was about this time last year that you left us and went on your way to rule out the other possibilities!   YOU DID IT!!   You had to go that path for it's as important to RULE OUT other possibilities as it is TO FIND what is wrong!!   All those negatives were very necessary, for they took all the competition out of the picture and now your path is cleared for Dr. Afrin to do the rest!!   CONGRATS my friend, your very hard persistent pushing HAS PAID OFF!! Cheesy

I'm looking foward to hearing more!

Hugs!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Re: Lab found mast cells!
Reply #2 - 08/18/11 at 15:57:36

Oh Lisa! Thank you SO much for your support and advice and prayers through all this with me. I honestly don't know how I would have fared without you! Even today! The day of (like you said...bittersweet emotions) you came through even when family has not! I'm totally crushed by the lack of support from family when I have SO been strong and there for them! This forum has been so incredible educational and helpful and I am grateful to everyone for the advice, direction and support I have found here!!!!
Night all!
Kim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print