Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Worried about my daughter (Read 4635 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Worried about my daughter
08/16/11 at 13:02:24

So I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it. My four year old has been having pale colored stools for almost a year. I have mentioned it to her primary and they didn't think much of it. Well last week she had 3 white stools WHITE as white can be. She started saying her stomach hurt and she had awful smelly gas. THis is the 5 or 6 time in the past year she has had a white stool. My husband thinks it's no big deal and says...well honey all she eats is banannas and rice, thats why it is pale. I told him WRONG, it's because there is a lack of bile and something is going on. I took her in to see a different doc I had seen before. He is a ARNP and a naturopath and he is wonderful! He examined her and did a blood draw right there in the office and told my he would call me with the results and that possibly we would need to do a ultrasound depending on the blood test results. He didn't tell me the names of the test, said something about checking for bile in the blood and checking liver enzymes. Well the nurse just called me to inform me they scheduled my daughter for an ultrasound tomorrow morning and I said okay....did you get the blood tests back? She said yes and the doctor said they were slightly elevated and thats why he wants the ultrasound. She got off the phone very quickly and said the would call as soon as they got the results to shedule a follow up. I didn't even get a chance to ask what tests. I don't think he wants to tell me because he knows I will probably google it. Lol! I already know all the things it could be. Wondering if it is a bile duct thing because I had a problem with that in my early twenties. Whatever it is I hope it is simple and minor. Luckily my girlfriend is doing the ultrasound and she told me she just got the orders and it said elevated ALP. So if someone could say a few prayers for my little Adrianne that would be great.
Melissa

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Re: Worried about my daughter
Reply #1 - 08/16/11 at 14:10:23

Melissa. I'm so sorry your daughter is going through this. I hope they can figure it out, fix it and that she gets to feeling better! Prayers are with you both!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 08/16/11 at 17:44:35

I hope it turns out to be something easily fixed.  You might want to see if lowering the amount of fat in her diet helps her feel better until she's diagnosed.  Depending on the results of the ultrasound, I would consider taking her to see a GI doc, if you know one you can trust.  

Joan

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/16/11 at 18:09:22

You are a perfectly wonderful Momma Melissa! Any Mom would worry! Smiley Praying it's nothing but a simple fix! You will know ASAP, especially with your "secret contact" you go Mz James Bond Smiley Glad she's getting right in for the ultrasound. If you'd like I'll come over and we'll headbutt the docs that did not listen to you, Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print