Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help gastrocrom (Read 6374 times)
tijana
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

help gastrocrom
07/21/11 at 08:03:51

My son has a form of leather, but very aggressive. his whole body, even the feet are full of morphine. He has daily flushing, after which he creates blisters. attacks can sometimes last for 90 min. We have recommended to us gastrocrom, but in Europe we can not obtain. My son is 10 months, so I wonder whether in these situations helps gastrocrom, whether it be taken? In what doses and how to procure it from America or Canada! Do you need a prescription or medical records.

Thanks

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Re: help gastrocrom
Reply #1 - 07/21/11 at 10:05:44

I'm so sorry where in Europe are you? When we first got gstrocrom we got it in Switzerland but under the name Nalcrom. Maybe ask the pharmacist for the ingredient name cromolyn sodium.
The kind we got in Switzerland you have to mix yourself and is about $200 a month, the kind they have here or in Canada comes in these handy pre measured ampules but cost around $800 a month.

Does anyone know where to get gastrocrom in the ampules for less?

Patricia

IP Logged

tijana
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/21/11 at 20:54:32

We are located in Croatia, on the internet I found that the cromoglycate can be found in the form of nose drops or eye. I do not know which way to apply the medication, I checked with Dr. In what form do you use Nalcrom and whether it benefits your child or you? We currently use Ketotifen but it unfortunately it does not help, because snjim a very frequent occurrence of flushing, and because we wanted to try cromoglycate. Dr recommended this to us, but she said that it can not be obtained in Croatia ...

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #3 - 07/23/11 at 01:41:08

Have you tried Italy I know that's close to croatia, or a UK pharmacy?
I know it takes a couple weeks for the cromolyn to start working and if has to ship from canada or the us it could take a while. When I ordered it from Canada I did need a prescription.

I have no idea what you could give a child or baby as far as antihistamines.

Have you tried eliminating wheat and dairy from his diet? My daughter had allergies and I gave her soy milk that she was allergic to but she tolerated rice milk. There is also a predigested baby formula called neonate for babies that have digestion problems. Make sure you don't wash any of his things with strong perfumed soap or softeners, smells can also be a trigger.

Did your dr prescribe anything else besides ketotifen? I hope you find relief and cromolyn soon!

Patricia

IP Logged

tijana
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 07/23/11 at 06:34:40

I threw it all foods containing histamine, it is not sensitive to wheat and lactose, and responds well to one another and ... I wash his clothes exclusively Sensitive powders and washed twice, so it's not even about that, unfortunately, attacks often happen without rhyme or reason, sometimes at night, sometimes even nepojede nothing and get a response ... with Ketotifen, giving him more and antihistamine H1 blocker in the form of drops. in Italy I found cromolyn, but no one has experience with them. Gastrocom is how I managed to find just the Mastocitoze, because in ampoules, in the EU is most commonly in the form of nose drops or eye. What are your experiences with gastrocomom?

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #5 - 07/23/11 at 07:09:54

Well everyone is different and frankly my husband had a hard time with it and we had to start really slow and build up to the suggested dosage which for him is 8 ampules or 800mg a day but I'm assuming a baby would need much less. It takes time build up because your body absords very little. Some people do really well with it and it really relieves their GI symptoms.
The reactions can come for no rhyme or reason and that's the most frustrating part.
There is a Dr Peter Valent at the Vienna General Hosp in Austria who is on the mastocytosis society board here in the USA and you could try to contact him.
There is also a section on this forum for parents of children who have Mast Cell issues and they might be more helpful. Please keep me posted.

Patricia

IP Logged

tijana
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 07/23/11 at 21:31:45

Thank you very much, I got a contact and a doctor from Spain, so I'll try to contact them.

Thanks again and Best regards

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #7 - 07/24/11 at 02:43:57

Hi Tijana,

I would suggest that you speak with two doctors in Europe:

Dr. Luis Escribano is the doctor in Spain you probably already know about.  He's got several studies with the children and he's excellent with working with them.  He especially seems to take an interest in kids like your child.  This is his contact information:

Luis Escribano, M.D., Ph.D
Instituto de Estudios de Mastocitosis de Castilla la Mancha (CLMast)
Hospital Virgen del Valle
Carretera de Cobisa s/n
E-45071 Toledo, Spain.
Phone: +34-925269335
Mobile: +34-638226228
lescribanom@sescam.jccm.es

The other doctor I recommend is Dr. Gerhard Molderings.  Dr. Molderings is from Bonn Germany.  He's in closer vicinity to you, but his area of speciality is more towards genetics and not the same area as Dr. Escribano.  However, Dr Molderings does treat masto patients and he may know of doctors near you who could help you.   So here is his contact information too.

Gerhard J. Molderings, M.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Institute of Human Genetics
University Hospital of Bonn
Sigmund-Freud.Str. 25
D-53127 Bonn, Germany
email molderings@uni-bonn.de
www.uni-bonn.de/~umv701/

I hope this helps!  I know how hard it is to live in a country where there are no high authorities you can run to.  I also face this problem here in Brazil.

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print