Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein - Cincinnati, OHIO (Read 10226 times)
Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein - Cincinnati, OHIO
07/19/11 at 06:20:16

Dr. Leonard Bernstein was a known expert in mastocytosis and mast cell disorders.  He has retired, but he has passed his patients on to his son, Dr. Jonathan Bernstein.   Dr. Leonard continues to be a reference point for his son and Dr. Jonathan is gaining in practice and understanding of working with masto patients.   Here is his contact information and instructions.

We would be happy to see these (masto) patients.  My office number is 513-931-0775 and fax is 513-931-0779.  They don’t need a complete work-up but should bring whatever records they have confirming their diagnosis.

My office address is:  8444 Winton Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231.

Make sure they schedule on a day I am there.  I am in this office on Mondays and Fridays but at my Mason office on Tuesday and Montgomery office on Wednesday.

Best regards,

Jonathan A. Bernstein, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Director of Clinical Research
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Immunology/Allergy Section
Editor-in-Chief Journal of Asthma
Email: Jonathan.Bernstein@uc.edu
Phone: 513-558-5533
Fax: 513-558-3799

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Kate:
Tutor

Re: Dr. Jonathan Bernstein - Cincinnati, OHIO
Reply #1 - 07/20/11 at 03:33:42

I have an appt with him at the beginning of August.  I will report back after I see him.

Thanks for the info Lisa.

Kate

IP Logged

Godsgal
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/23/11 at 00:42:34

Wahoo!! I have a dear friend near Cincinatti that will love hearing this!  Thanks for posting!!!!

IP Logged

jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
Reply #3 - 07/27/11 at 04:09:18

I have seen Dr. Bernstein and I thought I'd add a few comments. On my first visit I told him all about my extreme medicine, food, and chemical sensitivities.   He said that he sees a lot of patients just like me.  I told him that I suspected I have MCAD and I showed him a list of tests that I thought I needed.  He ordered immunocap analysis, tryptase, urine catecholamines, 5HIAA, Prostaglandin F2, and 24 hour urine histamine (NOT methylhistamine).  I asked him why he didn't order the 24 hour urine methylhistamine and he said that hardly any labs do that test anymore.  All my tests cameback normal except my prostaglandin F2 which was low.  On my second visit when I got the test results back I asked him if he would do a mast cell skin biopsy stain because I had heard that sometimes mast cell conditions show up that way.  Dr. Bernstein took a little wooden stick and scratched my arm.  He said, "You don't have a cutaneous mast cell disorder because if you did it would have welted up where I scratched it."  I was disappointed because I really feel like I have MCAD but at that point he decided I  have multiple chemical sensitivity instead (which is his specialty and area of research).  He said all I can do is avoid the things that bother me.  I said, "What about the foods that I can't tolerate?  They are not chemicals."  He said, "Well, that goes along with it."  I guess that if my tests had come back conclusive, he would have treated me.  He said he would try to help me with my intolerance of meds by starting with tiny doses and titrating them up.   Next, I went to Dr. Grubb in Toledo.  He listened to my list of symptoms and my test results. He said it is very difficult to test for MCAD and get accurate results because it can manifest in hundreds of kinds of ways.  He immediately wanted to start me on H1 and H2 blockers and Singulair and see if they helped me.  He called it a clinical diagnosis.  I just thought I would let you all know the facts in case someone is thinking of going to see Dr. Bernstein.  I feel like he knows some about MCAD, but I was disappointed about his apparent lack of knowledge about testing for it.

IP Logged

diamorrow
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 08/22/14 at 16:03:03

I reached him by email and will make an appointment on Monday....his office is within a short driving distance.
Maybe now I can get some answers..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print