Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone have contact information for Dr. Theo (Read 1155 times)
Tassal
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

anyone have contact information for Dr. Theo
07/09/11 at 07:31:58

Hi All--

I'm new to the group. Trying to figure out if my dear 6 year old son has some form of mast cell disorder. He can't eat.anything.without.pain. It's so bad, he cries and rolls on the floor. He has a peptic ulcer and I'm thinking the mast cell disorder is causing it. He is also ASD. I'm trying to figure out how to get in touch with Dr. Theo at Tufts. I sent an email to a rather generic address and I have not heard back from him. Does anyone have a phone number for his office or any other contact information? This Dr. seems to really be on the road to understanding mast cell and autism...We need him Smiley) T hanks for any contact information. Regards, Julie

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Re: anyone have contact information for Dr. Theo
Reply #1 - 07/09/11 at 09:16:11

I believe his number is on his website but he's not like doctor with a practice to take patients. I sent him a desperate email and he responded a couple weeks later. It's also summer so maybe he's not teaching now, he does a lot of speaking  engagements and works with the Athens Hosp so he could be traveling. I'm sure hell respond and keep trying because he's deff worth getting in touch with.
Have you tried low histamine diet?
I'm so sorry for your sons pain, I hope he gets some relief soon!

Patricia

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: anyone have contact information for Dr. Theo
Reply #2 - 07/09/11 at 12:48:37

Tassal, Have you looked into eosinophillic esophagitis? Have you strictly eliminated some of the basic allergens from his diet for a bit? ( weeks at least) to see if he gets some help? If it goes along with his other medications the next time his stomach pain comes on can you try some dye free benadryl. If it helps then you know allergy/intolerance/mast cell issue is at hand. I'm doubting he can swallow pills yet, I prefer the dye free capsules, the childrens liquid has all sorts of crud in it. But many tolerate the childrens dye free fine. Doing this will just sort of be a test to see if it alleviates the pain.  Whether it's mast cell or not, he's having issues with food, It's a pain, but seriously if you stick to it he will gain some control.  Oh I wanted to suggest you get a hold of Dr Theo through his supplement company , heres the website  http://www.algonot.com/index.php and here's the contact us address, maybe they can give you his info :
Feedback@algonot.com <Feedback@algonot.com>
If you've not done a whole lot with diet elimination, I have, down in the recipe area I have some suggestions, and recipes, check them out.  A book recommendation I'd love to suggest is The Ultimate Food allergy cookbook and survival guide. While you are still under absolute investigation with doctors, is your son already on any medications as far as his gut issues go? What is his med list? Is he on any sort of allegra/ zantac   both of those helped me so much with my severe nausea and stomach pain, diahrreah, etc. I still am very limited with foods, but they have helped tremendously with symptoms I had even while being on a limited diet. Also please get rid of any scented products in your home for awhile if you haven't. Perfumes make me crash bigtime with nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diahrreah. Any major off gassing products like scents, bug sprays etc. You may already have eliminated that stuff, I'm just throwing any idea out there to get him some relief.  Filtered water? Ok I've thrown a ton at you for now! Concentrate on that diet even though it's frustrating, get what he is eating down to pure one product ingredients. It's easier to track that way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print