Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hi New here. Wondering if i might have mcad. (Read 5640 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Hi New here. Wondering if i might have mcad.
Reply #15 - 07/01/11 at 16:16:40

Hi Anne,

Once properly medicated, a mast cell disorder patient might not react as readily to certain triggers, but that doesn't diminish its power as a trigger.  If your trigger "bucket" is full because of exposure to too many triggers, one more drop can make it overflow and cause you to react.  Sometimes I can eat some things that aren't part of the low histamine diet, but if I'm having exposure to other things, I wouldn't chance it.

Still, once a patient's symptoms are under control, you might find that a small exposure won't set you off as badly as it does now.

Joan

IP Logged

sherry
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hi My name is Anne
Reply #16 - 07/08/11 at 16:37:38

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I live in the UK and found your site a couple of months which is excellent and helped me so much.

I have severe Histimine Intolerence and have had it for over twenty years but only realised about 18mts ago.  My reactions are exactly the same as what you all experience ie flushing, heart palpations, ringing in my ear, rhinitis, eczema, insomina,  etc. etc .  I do not get hives or suffer in the heat like you do which is why I do not think it is Mastocytosis.  I am on a low histamine diet and take antihistimines.  I have to be so aware of triggers as just inhaling certain things like tuna and for some reason mayonnaise will send me into shock.  I have recently started triggering to cosmetics and found your section on them a real help.

I know you all take Zantac and wondered what brand you take.  I bought an OTC one which is a pinky/peachy colour but  am worried about tryng it and would feel happier if I could find a white one.

I am so glad that I found this forum.

Best Regards
Anne

IP Logged

sherry
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hi My name is Anne
Reply #17 - 07/08/11 at 16:38:42

sherry wrote on 07/08/11 at 16:37:38:
Quote:
Hi Everyone

I live in the UK and found your site a couple of months which is excellent and helped me so much.

I have severe Histimine Intolerence and have had it for over twenty years but only realised about 18mts ago.  My reactions are exactly the same as what you all experience ie flushing, heart palpations, ringing in my ear, rhinitis, eczema, insomina,  etc. etc .  I do not get hives or suffer in the heat like you do which is why I do not think it is Mastocytosis.  I am on a low histamine diet and take antihistimines.  I have to be so aware of triggers as just inhaling certain things like tuna and for some reason mayonnaise will send me into shock.  I have recently started triggering to cosmetics and found your section on them a real help.

I know you all take Zantac and wondered what brand you take.  I bought an OTC one which is a pinky/peachy colour but  am worried about tryng it and would feel happier if I could find a white one.

I am so glad that I found this forum.

Best Regards
Anne

IP Logged

sherry
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hi New here. Wondering if i might have mcad.
Reply #18 - 07/08/11 at 16:44:39

HI ANNE,
I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT MY SON HAS A SEVER HISTIMINE INTOLLERANCE AND HE DOES HAVE TO ROTATE HIS FOODS. IHAVE LEARNED THAT YOU CAN NOT EAT LEFT OVERS OF ANY TYPE AS IN 24 HOURS THE HISTIMINES IN FOOD INCREASE. MAYONASE,KETCHUP, STRAWBERRIES,PICKLED FOODS, ANY FISH, ARE ALL BIG HIGH HISTIMINE TRIGGERS.
CHECK OUT THE WEB SITE LIVESTRONG.COM UNDER THERE LOW HISTIMINE FOOD AND MANY ARTICLES THEY HAVE. IT OPENED DOORS FOR ME.
  MY SON HAS HAD CONSTANT PAIN WITH ALMOST ALL FOODS  SO IT IS EXTREMLY DIFFICULT TO FEED HIM ,EPECIALLY SINCE SOME CHILDREN ARE PICKY EATERS. VERY CHALLENGING. BEST WAY IS TO DO A 2 WEEK NO HISTIMINE DIET(OR EXTREMLY LOW ) AND IF BETTER, IT MAY BE YOUR ANSWER.
GOOD WISHES,

SHERRY FROM TAMPA

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print