Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
EDSIII/Carcinoid/Allergic to the 21st century/and.... (Read 14593 times)
Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: EDSIII/Carcinoid/Allergic to the 21st century/and....
Reply #30 - 07/13/11 at 12:13:19

Hi Cccc,

Just so you know, on this thread here we have another patient who is also the process of a carcinoid investigation.  My queries with Dr. Warner and with Dr. Greenberger did not apply to your case specifically and since I do not know who your doctors are nor even your name I could not have mentioned you specifically.  Therefore there is no need to ask for your permission since it was not specifically regarding you.

I wrote to both of these excellent Doctors raising a generalized concern of differentiating between carcinoid and mastocytosis patients.  We have had other carcinoid patients on here in the past and they will continue coming here in the future since the syndromes that both diseases produce present challenges to our doctors to tell us apart.  I am not the first masto patient to undergo a carcinoid syndrome investigation nor will I be the last.  This is part of the diagnostic processes for any masto patient who shows only systemic activity and does not have any cutaneous lesions.  For the majority of us, our doctors use the process of elimination to finally find out diagnoses.  This is a normal process and you are not the only one to undergo this.

So, please do not feel that I have singled you out here.  My questions were well founded and for the benefit of other present patients here as well as for future patients I sought the opinion of these two authorities.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print