Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
non specific white matter changes in MRI (Read 7703 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
non specific white matter changes in MRI
06/05/11 at 05:34:23

Hello guys, I really could use your prayers right now. My good friend recently had a car accident and suffered bad whiplash and has been going to the doctors for this, she has had a problem with headches and muscle spasms. She went and saw a neurologist who ordered a MRI and he told her it showed non-specific white matter changes in her brain and she was most likely facing MS or strokes. I'm wondering if she has lupus because she had 3 miscarriages and had to inject herself with heparin shots to not miscarry, the doctor thought she had a clotting problem. Well I know around half the people with lupus have this anticardiolipin antibody and I'm sure she has it. She is awaiting test results. Either way strokes or MS, I'm worried. She switched neurologists and she likes this one better, they have her taking asprin daily and repeating MRI every 6 months. I'm very concerned for her. Your prayer are greatly appreciated.
Melissa

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: non specific white matter changes in MRI
Reply #1 - 06/05/11 at 10:43:58

I hope your friend can get an accurate diagnosis this time.  So glad she's found a different doctor.

Joan

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 06/05/11 at 14:48:25

Prayers from me too.. I wish all the best Smiley
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 06/05/11 at 15:49:15

Hi Melissa,

The combination of miscarriages and mini strokes definitely sounds like antiphospholipid syndrome (which sometimes goes along with lupus).  My prayers go out to her!  I'm really sorry that she had the car accident, but at least the MRI gave her important information she didn't have before.  It's definitely better to know you have APS than to not know you have APS.  I hope this new doctor is able to get her on the road to better health.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 06/06/11 at 07:20:08

Yeah, Heather I'm pretty sure she has APS, but she doesn't have other signs of mini strokes. It is good she knows now.

Thanks everyone! I believe in the power of prayer.

Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print