Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Blood Sugar and Masto? (Read 10917 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Blood Sugar and Masto?
Reply #15 - 05/25/11 at 04:27:04

Heather, I hate it when people ask if I going to have more kids. I really feel it's personal. Before I had kids I would ask that question but now I know better. Especially not to ask someone who just got married when they are going to have children. Or when I meet someone I don't ask them so do you have children, if they want to tell me they will.
I know what you mean about weight going to your belly, I gain mine all in my boobs and stomach. I where a 12 in pants and a 16/18 on the top. Dresses.....forget it. Hopefully one day, I will get all these extra pounds off. For me adding muscle really helps speed up the losing process, but kind of hard when your fatigued, but if I exercise I have more energy and less pain. Uhhhhh and so the cycle goes.

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Blood Sugar and Masto?
Reply #16 - 05/26/11 at 05:46:19

I find I lose weight better when I focus on adequate nourishment.  If I eat a good variety of fruits, vetable, protein, dairy, etc at most meals, I don't seem to feel as hungry.  When I stray from a well rounded meal, then I seem to get in trouble.

It's almost as if my body knows when it has eaten good things and is satisfied.  The hunger is less during those times and my blood sugar seems to stay more "even". When I eat, say, a meal that is mostly carbs, etc, then I get hungry a little while later.  The body needs nourishment, as opposed to food, and I think I don't get the vitamins and minerals I need from my food, then I start feeling more hungry.

I'm focusing now on reducing stress too.  I think that will help me lose weight as I tend to snack more when I am feeling down or stressed out.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print