Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Looking for answers... (Read 9287 times)
fuchsia1
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Looking for answers...
Reply #15 - 05/16/11 at 13:02:28

Thank you all!  I will have to check on some of the products mentioned.  I have seen an allergist several years ago when I had skin/patch test, only minor grass allergies, no foods.  Recently saw an allergist/immunologist that did the blood test showing high for Ige receptors. I am preparing my question list when I go back to see her in July.  Have not been diagnosed with mast cell variations, just trying to figure out what is going on with me.

Fuchsia Marie

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #16 - 05/16/11 at 17:43:02

Thanks for the clarification, Heather!

Joan

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #17 - 05/17/11 at 00:29:14

No worries Wink

I just wish we could get ORAL ketotifen in the US!  Why is it safe for eye drops, but not pills??  

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #18 - 05/17/11 at 00:57:41

Apparently Heather, the question here isn't safety....it's MONEY!!   The amount of money the pharmaceutical would have to spend to get it past the FDA is too much considering that it's merely an antihistamine!  They don't feel that it's worth the investment for them!!   It's cheap medicine!  I pay no more than about $6 dollars for 20 pills and in comparrison to Allegra, which is about $20 dollars for 10 pills, you've got quite a difference there!!  

I suggest that you do like some of the others are doing, find out about those compounding companies for that seems to be the best deal for those in the States.   The vast majority of us do well on Ketotifen and it's a whole lot cheaper than gastrochrom.  Yet, Gastrochrom apparently has a few benefits that I don't think Ketotifen will give you and apparently there are those who have increased energy with gastrochrom.  I've not noticed that with Ketotifen and I take 6mg a day.   So, even though gastrochrom seems to go right through you, it does have some benefits.   But for those of us who are counting every penny, then I'd go for the ketotifen!!!

Hope this helps!

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

fuchsia1
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - 05/17/11 at 07:54:31

This forum is giving me lots of info to consider.  Aveeno lotion does have alcohol.  Funny I never thought about it in the cream on skin, although I am careful to not use in a mouthwash.  Mostly think of alcohol as an adult beverage rather than an ingredient.

Another reason to hope I do not have this disease and the alcohol in the lotion does not affect me is the fact I just stocked up with it when costco had it on sale!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print