Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gastrocrom and Motility (Read 2071 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Gastrocrom and Motility
05/07/11 at 02:26:41

Hello,

I was advised to increase my dose of Gastrocrom.  However, it affects my gi motility (shuts things down).  I was told to take Miralax to help with this.  Has anybody ever taken the Gastrocrom and Miralax combination, and how did it affect your masto?

I had a lot of bloating, etc.  Seemed to rev things up a bit.  However, I don't know if this is temporary or not, as I guess that is common when you first use Miralax, and it it supposed to subside in a few days.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Gastrocrom and Motility
Reply #1 - 05/09/11 at 08:03:55

Hi Jilli Smiley
I always smile when I see your name. OK, about the Miralax. I "suspect" my grandson has childhood masto--but my daughter refuses to talk about it and freaks if I do.. He has unknown rashes frequently, he itches til his skin bleeds if you dont watch him, he has huge problems with constipation, spent 6 days in the hospital after not "going" for 14 days, they found his liver enzymes are raised and diagnosed him with auto-immune hepatitis--then the enzymes got better suddenly, so I think its masto.. of course he isnt on Gastrocrom but.. he IS on Miralax ever since that hospital stay. At first it was every day, now its when needed. It works very gently (he is only 6 years old) so I would bet it wouldnt make you react. Of course we swtill have to be careful of anything but I wouldnt fear it. Hope this helps Hon!
Love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 05/10/11 at 12:56:41

Poor little guy!  Could he also have really bad food allergies?  I hate to think of some little kiddo with this this.  My brother is MR FOOD ALLERGY.  No masto, but horrible food allergies.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 05/10/11 at 17:55:42

No food allergies...I keep trying to tell her that 90% of kids grow out of masto when they hit puberty, but she just cant handle the thought. I suspect my sister who was just operated on for melanoma also has UP. but she wont consider it either. Her body looks a lot like mine.. spots all over. The list of auto immune diseases in my family is staggering. Every day it seems I read something else is associated with Masto or mast cells.  Lets hope all this new info means they will learn enough soon to help us live more normal easier lives!
love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print