Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ramona is in the hospital (Read 3769 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Ramona is in the hospital
04/18/11 at 04:22:33

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that Ramona is in the hospital for one of her severe UTIs. They are trying a rather potent medicine, which could cause troubles for her I presume, and thus are keeping her in the hospital until they determine it is safe for her to leave.

She sends her love to all and hopes to be back here soon. I bet she will be reading the forum when possible, so if you want to post her a message, please feel free to do so!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Ramona is in the hospital
Reply #1 - 04/18/11 at 07:22:01

Hey Ramona!

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY (AND EVERY DAY)!!!!

Cheesy  Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Cheesy Smiley Wink Grin

Joan

IP Logged

Kim
Guiding Light

Rapid City SD
Reply #2 - 04/18/11 at 10:36:50

Ramona,

I am sending good thoughts and wishes your way for a speedy recover.  Take whatever time you need to get yourself better and we will be anxious to hear from you once you are up and running again Smiley

Kim

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/11 at 10:43:38

Hi Ramona ,

My dear friend , I will be sending good medical vibes xxxxxxxxxxxx Get well soon Wink Many thoughts , Jose

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #4 - 04/18/11 at 14:01:29

MONA!!!   KISSES TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss  We're praying for your quick healing and release!!!!    Yet, more is that I'm praying that from this hospitalization one things with your medical care will IMPROVE GREATLY!!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Reply #5 - 04/18/11 at 14:53:25

Keeping you in my prayers Ramona!!!  Smiley

Hope you feel better soon!!  Wink

Tracey

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #6 - 04/19/11 at 11:43:32

My love and thanks tp all of you. I just got home and Im weak and a bit shaky but OK.  I begged to come home even though they took great care of me.--then got home to a HOT house they turned my AC off. grrr.

Debbie is right, they had me on Rocephin IV and Solu Medrol (cortisone) so I wouldnt react with treatment. I did good even though I still flush every night. (but its worse in this hot houise!!) Im on a pill form of antibiotic now and they want me to stay on prednisone 20 mg for the same time period to finish this and recheck in one week.

The good news is they took this opportunity to do IGE testing, and 24 hour urine for methyl histamines and protaglandin. I also had a cardio echogram done last night because of my tachycardia.. even though I told them alot of us have it with masto. I was glad to have it done but I dont have any results yet.

I missed you all and Im OK. Thank you for the love and support. I just need to rest so I probably wont post much until tomorrow.
Hugs and love to all,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #7 - 04/19/11 at 11:47:16

PS Ive been in the hospital since Saturday morning thats why I didnt answer any posts or emails Smiley Glad to be home again.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #8 - 04/19/11 at 12:41:58

So glad to hear you're home and well!!   Yet if you'd been my daughter, I'd have SAT ON YOU and KEPT you there!!!    But we're tough birds, aren't we Mona and all we want is to be in our OWN NEST!!!   Can't blame you!!

Well you just WATCH IT kiddo!!   TOTAL REST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Do NOT be doing ANYTHING physical!!  No washing dishes, NO COOKING, no picking up or ANYTHING of the kind!!  TOTAL VEG OUT!!!!    DO YOU HEAR?!!!    If not, I'm catching the next flight to GAINSVILLE and you're not going to like it!! Angry Wink   Cause when I come stomping in the place, I get really, realllllyyyy PUSHY and I'll bet you anything I'll be more pushier than you are!!!    Shocked  

So, you'd best behave yourself of Godzilla's daughter is stomping her way up to Florida!! Shocked
Kiss

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #9 - 04/19/11 at 13:11:56

Ramona,
So glad you're home and doing better!  I hope you have someone to stay with you overnight for a few days.  I think when this infection gets knocked out permanently, you're going to feel so much better in all ways.

Big hugs!  

Smiley

Joan

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #10 - 04/21/11 at 18:44:38

Yes Ma'am, Mama Lisa, I promise LOL and YES even though they were wonderful to me, there is no place like Home Smiley

Joan you are soo right. Im am feeling pretty darn good right now/. It isnt gone, Im still having some intense spasms every day but my urine looks much better and I have more energy. Im am resting mid day every day.

I leanred something very important for me.. and maybe other people too. Most of us react to many antibiotics but we cant stop them since it means there is infection hurting us somewhere.. I now know that I wont stop taking any antibiotic, I will add prednisone 20 mg with each dose and finish the course until I am well, then stop the prednisone--I have done MUCH better that way. I hope this might help some of you too, if needed in the future.

I love you all and missed you terribly Smiley

Im home and now I want to watch Jilli and make sure she ok.
Love
Ramona

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - 04/21/11 at 19:06:51

Sad   So sorry Ramona! Arggh!! I'm very glad you are home now! Rest rest rest woman!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print