Send Topic Print
Water as trigger.... (Read 1806 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Water as trigger....
04/16/11 at 06:34:36

Hi Lisa,

I didn't want to use prilosec or one of those drugs that emptied the stomach, so I tried just not eating or drinking after dinner.  Bromelain (2000-2400 gdu) before meals also has helped a lot because it aids digestion offat and protein foods.  I get the kind made from pineapple stems, but that would be contraindicated for those who have trouble with pineapple.

I'm not sure if it's anything in the water or just the water being in the stomach.  However, there can be a lot of things in water (chemicals, molds, etc.) that could cause problems.  I think I have a problem with heavily chlorinated water.  Some people have problems with fluoride.  I try to drink filtered water as much as possible.
« Last Edit: 04/16/11 at 19:09:51 by Joan »  

Joan

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Re: Water as trigger....
Reply #1 - 04/16/11 at 11:25:23

Hi Lisa ,

I have problems with sulphites added to water to stabilize the PH . But if my stomach is going to be annoying - pain , burping , cramps , vomiting . It will be . I find vomiting is close to high blood pressure for me ( with headaches ) . 300mg of ranitidine twice a day is helping me significantly .

many hugs

Jose

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 04/17/11 at 02:52:18

I met a patient from our old forum who would go into shock from ingesting any drink with water in it. Seriously.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 04/17/11 at 03:16:08

Hmmm, the chemicals in the water!!!  BINGO!!  That makes sense!!!!!  And, at night before I go to bed there's usually nothing else in my stomach then but an antihistamine!!   Very interesting ladies!!!

Thanks for that feedback!!!!

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 04/28/11 at 01:21:28

I seem to do best with bottled spring water.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print