Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HISTAME (Read 5826 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
HISTAME
02/20/11 at 07:40:20

Has anyone tried Histame?  It's advertised as being diamine oxidase, which breaks down histamine in the body.  Supposedly, it's been used in Europe for years, but only now available in the U.S.  Wondering if it's worth a try.  Can anyone think of a reason NOT to try it?  Thought it might be a good medicine to take with me when traveling, since food storage and prep is often a mystery when we're away from home.

Joan

IP Logged

chaco
Tutor

Re: HISTAME
Reply #1 - 02/20/11 at 15:27:49

Joan wrote on 02/20/11 at 07:40:20:
Can anyone think of a reason NOT to try it?

It contains rice starch and acetylated starch, which are known triggers for me.  

Deb Mc

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 02/21/11 at 07:50:20

OK I cant resist a pill that might let me live more normally. I just ordered it! I'll let you know what happens.
Hugs,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/21/11 at 05:34:41

Be careful!  Let me know what you think.

Joan

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/21/11 at 05:48:37

Ramona or Joan:

Found it and ordered some...I am not a shocker, so I am willing to try it for sure.  Will see, my immunologist always feels for sure that I have food issues, so maybe this will help.  I have tried most everything, zyrtec, allergra, claritin, singulair, elavil, benedryl, quercitin/bromelain, chlortrimeton, zantac, ...down to gastrocrom and doxepin to try and not much more I guess.  So, this gives me some hope!  Will keep you posted.

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #5 - 06/21/11 at 07:29:38

I did buy it a few months ago--but Im afraid of new meds. I havent tried it yet.. Id love to know how it affects the people who do try it.

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 06/21/11 at 08:00:03

Ramona:

I will probably get it next week.  You can consider me your personal guinea pig.   Cheesy.

IP Logged

nelson1600
Tutor

Jack of All Trades & a
Master of None :)
Melissa, TX
Reply #7 - 06/21/11 at 08:57:03

Please let us know how it works Texan; I am curious as well.

Doctor's are glorified auto mechanics of the human body; make sure you find one that you trust...

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #8 - 06/21/11 at 09:42:37

Hi Tex,

Have you tried other digestive enzymes?  You might have some luck with those.  I also fast for a day sometimes to rest my digestive system.  An allergy elimination diet or a rotation diet can give you information on what triggers things.  If you need info on those, let me know and I'll post it.  Are you strictly on a low histamine diet?  Have you been checked for parasites and H Pylori?  Last thing,  do you have any drainage or post nasal drip?  That can mess up your stomach in a big way.

If you're going to try something new, be sure someone else is around and that you have an epi-pen nearby for the next 24 hours.  Leakers can shock when provoked enough.  I'm a leaker who has shocked a few times.

Joan

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 06/21/11 at 14:07:57

Thanks, I will be careful.  I have actually tried the digestive enzymes years ago without much help. The prilosec, zantac,and lyrica do help my GI be more reasonable. I probably push the diet thing more than I should...I sometimes do what I call the white mushy foods days if I have been bad or irritated my system.  Yes, I have done the low histamine and the IC diet.  The things I seem to be the most sensitive to are alchohol, very spicy foods, anti inflammatories, MSG, sulfites, fish, and spinach - - -these I try to avoid for sure.  Oh and I am allergic to a particular antibiotic (as in break out in a rash all over).  I am very, very sensitve to environmental changes ...heat and storms are not my friends.

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - 06/25/11 at 06:34:25

Got the histame yesterday and have taken it for three meals.  No major problems taking it so far.  Jury still out on it helping, so will report back in a week or so with my opinions on whether it is helping...not ready to give up my prilosec yet.

IP Logged

Godsgal
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - 06/25/11 at 12:33:57

Can't wait to see how it works for everyone!

IP Logged

jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
Reply #12 - 06/25/11 at 14:00:42

Me too!  Very interested in this!

IP Logged

Daffodil
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/29/11 at 08:27:34

Hi All

Allergy Uk  has done a recent trail on Histame which you all might like to read.  In the UK and Europe it goes under the name of Daosin but is the same product.  You will find it if you log into Allergy UK Forum then Food Intolerence and I think it is the second item down.

I have Histimine Intolerence and I tried it about a year ago but flushed badly so have not tried it since.  It would be good if they could make it without so many fillers which is why some of us may react to it.

Best Regards

Anne

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - 06/29/11 at 08:41:35

Luckily I have had no major reaction...possibly headaches from the fillers, but otherwise not a problem.  I have pushed my diet some since taking them as a test and they do seem to help somewhat. I have ordered another box to see if this is just the old placebo effect.  I am still taking prilosec and zantac and don't plan on giving those up!  Sooo, jury still out.  But,  update in the next couple of weeks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print