Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skin Biopsy Results (Read 4312 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Skin Biopsy Results
02/12/11 at 04:51:56

Some lab results are NOT done correctly. I had skin biopsies done from 3 different sites (rashes). I know they were done correctly because the Surgeon is a very precise type of person and even spoke to people at NIH before doing it. The results are another matter.

The tissue samples were sent to a local small town hospital to process.  This hospital is in trouble for their lack of following procedure and negligence with patients. They are associated with a very big, very good well-known hospital who is in the process of cutting all ties with them because of all the trouble surrounding them.

I got my results back "No mast cells present". I found this very difficult to accept--I have rashes covering over 70% of my body and the drs who do recognize it have documented it as UP many times. The Surgeon saw the results at the same time I did. I was confused and just said, "Why?" He looked confused too and said, "I dont know".  Knowing what I know about that hospital, I refuse to accept their results. I spoke with the surgeon and we have decided to send the tissues straight to NIH for processing. I pick those samples up this week. Wish me luck!
Hugs,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Skin Biopsy Results
Reply #1 - 02/12/11 at 05:33:04

"No mast cells present" is a very ignorant result.  EVERYBODY has mast cells in their skin... the question is how many.

I'm looking forward to your results from the NIH! Smiley

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 02/12/11 at 06:54:12

How frustrating! I'm sorry Ramona.
Melissa

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 02/12/11 at 08:42:27

IT'S THE LABS FAULT!   Ramona, be calm and at peace.  You have those biopsies sent to the NIH!  Whoever sent them to that lab was not using their brain!!!  Since this is the NIH who is wanting you, they should be the ones processing these biopsies!   Have them sent to the NIH.  If they can't do it, then get your surgeon to redo the biopsies!!!  

INCOMPETENCE!  

Yet, here's the thing, Dr. Blanco's work on the mast cells with the fibromyalgia patients had to use a special stain that he developed that of a specific protease together with tryptase and not just tryptase alone.  THEN and only then was he able to see the morphed mast cells!!  I'm wondering if this isn't also your situation!!!!   This combination of stains turned the MCs a brown color!!!

You've got MCs present without a doubt, but how many is the question!

again - have it sent to the NIH -  give them a call Mona and make sure it can go up there!

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #4 - 02/13/11 at 04:43:22

I totally agree. I was waiting for a number as a result, but NONE?? Forget it.. someone wasnt using their head LOL.. I even found an NIH article on normal mast cell counts (on skin) versus abnormal counts, so I KNOW this result was wrong.

Im calling NIH tomorrow to see here to send the tissue samples.

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print