Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BMB Slides are finally headed for Boston (Read 2429 times)
nelson1600
Tutor

Jack of All Trades & a
Master of None :)
Melissa, TX
BMB Slides are finally headed for Boston
01/24/11 at 07:54:02

Or are they?  Just kidding, I finally received a call from a Nurse at UT Southwestern, she stated they finally had the slides and reports available; so I gave them my allergist's fax number for the 3rd time to send a fax of the reports over to and the address that Dr. Akin provided me for them to send the complete package to.

One step closer and each step of the way I get a little more curious about what Dr. Akin will say.

Deborah I want to thank you again and I will share Dr. Akin's findings once he corresponds back to me; I'm assuming that even after they are shipped to his office it could still be several weeks, so I will have to pre-occupy myself  Smiley

Doctor's are glorified auto mechanics of the human body; make sure you find one that you trust...

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: BMB Slides are finally headed for Boston
Reply #1 - 01/24/11 at 08:28:18

Great news!  This should finally put your mind at ease Smiley

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 01/24/11 at 08:56:01

Don't be surprised if you hear from Dr. Akin relatively soon. I have never seen such a prompt doctor as he is! Plus he knows the patients worry, so he always seems to respond quickly.   Cheesy.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 01/24/11 at 10:20:30

This is great news Lucas!   Can't wait to hear how it comes out!!!

Lisa
Smiley

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

barbara
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
California
Reply #4 - 01/24/11 at 15:54:39

I can relate Nelson as all my bxs (small intestine and bone marrow are being sent to Dr. Akin). My allergist in Northern California knows him and graduated from Harvard. I'm so grateful to have a knowledgeable doctor along with my GI MD. I really have a hard time waiting for all the results. It is very frustrating and time consuming! Sometimes I think that the doctor's don't understand that. I feel this disease has really interrupted my life. I'm a very active person in my 50's and just want to move on. I work part-time as a RN and find that my work really helps to distract me from all the testing, waiting for return calls, ect. I may go back east and would like to see the GI doctor who specializes in ME. Does anyone know, do I need to see Dr. Akin first and will he coordinate my care back there? Maybe I will call him next week. Thanks for listening!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print