Send Topic Print
Turmeric (Read 4017 times)
Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Turmeric
01/23/11 at 10:11:39

Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory.  Some mast cell patients have had success taking it as a replacement for NSAIDs.  Unfortunately, I just found out that it's also a natural blood thinner.  After just two days I had to stop taking it... it gave me a nosebleed plus dizziness that I couldn't get rid of with antihistamines.

Would anyone like the rest of the turmeric I bought?  I have two bottles with 100 gelatin capsules each (actually, one of them has 96... I used four).  The capsules are 720mg and the bottle recommends taking two per day.  The only other ingredient is magnesium stearate.

These bottles are pretty lightweight.  I hate to waste them... if you can use them safely I would be happy to send them your way (for free).  Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Turmeric
Reply #1 - 02/07/11 at 04:34:56

I would love them. I can pay for the shipping too.
Melissa

IP Logged

bobkeenan
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Portland, or
Reply #2 - 02/09/11 at 11:19:59

As long as you created a topic on Tumeric..... I thought I would make a comment.  I had read , from one of the posters, on the previous site about their success with tumeric.  It sounded too good to be true.  But as its basically a spice that I have every time I have indian food....I figured why not.

Well, I am only a week into it....but I gotta say..... I am having less symptoms.   The only other stuff I changed is that about a week before I have been eating some really raw honey (unfiltered not heated).  AND   last week I got a shingles shot  (prevention).  But my GI symptoms are about 1/4 of what they usually are.  I also seem to have close to normal energy.   Everything is starting to bloom out here in Sacramento so I should feel like crap.   So we will see how this goes.
Maybe its placebo affect.  Maybe I am having a little remission plateau.   Whatever .... I like it.

I did not know about the blood thinning characteristics.  I will have to keep an eye on that.

Funny honey story (sort of).  I love honey but usually I get the clear brand name honey.   I got this new honey at our coop.  I opened up and its like almost white with lots of tiny dark specks in it...????   I take a small taste... and its DELICIOUS.  Lots of complex flavors.  So I take a full teaspoon full....... AGHHHH!  I thought I was going to have an asthma attack.  I had to drink a lot of water, took a benedryl, and tried to calm down.   The stuff is probably loaded with flower, grass, and tree pollen.   Any how I have been taking much smaller amounts over the past 2 weeks and now I am up to a 1/2 teaspoon.  No breathing issues.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 02/09/11 at 12:14:59

Hi Bob,

I have heard that people with pollen allergies can sometimes gain "tolerance" by eating locally-produced honey.  That's great if it's working for you!!  Ditto on the turmeric. Smiley

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print