Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blood Prostaglandin D2 (Read 3128 times)
yogimama75
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Blood Prostaglandin D2
01/11/16 at 08:48:05

Hi again ( I just posted as a new member) Smiley

So I have a question about the blood Prostaglandin D2 test. Anyone else have this (it was ordered by accident for me)... anyway, it came back positive 185 (ref range up to about 135?   (can't remember).  

Anyone know if menstrual cycle influences this? As I keep reading the uterus is a place P D2 is produced? I ask because I had that blood drawn the day before my cycle began.  (wishful thinking on my end to have a way to explain this test result).   I hear about false negatives all the time in relation to MCAD... but false positives?    

The test result came with a disclaimer that it wasn't approved by FDA and shouldn't be used solely as diagnostic and it intended for research purposes.

Thanks for any insight!!!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Blood Prostaglandin D2
Reply #1 - 01/11/16 at 16:00:47

I don't know the answers about PGD2 and menstrual cycles, but you can always have a repeat test to confirm the elevated number.

One more thing from the other post.  Are you staying super hydrated?  Dehydration, even a little can cause fatigue, weakness, and even flushing.  There are hydration calculators you can find on the internet to figure out how much fluid you need each day based on activity and weight.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print