Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beginning Imuran - Has Anyone Else Taken This (Read 3015 times)
Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Beginning Imuran - Has Anyone Else Taken This
02/20/15 at 13:01:23

Update to my GI saga:

I have environmental allergies which includes oral allergy syndrome, as well as mast cell activation syndrome. I am being treated with the usual antihistamines and H2 blockers and leukotriene inhibiter.

BUT

I have had the worst time in the last year with my GI tract.  Constant tummy aches, bouts with severe diarrhea accompanied with a fever, inability to eat anything without having some reaction or another.

Long story short, I am at the end of my rope.  I am really sick of boring, bland food such as chicken and rice and am reacting to anything at this point because of the inflammation.  So the doctor is beginning me on Imuron, an immune suppressant used for prevention of  implant rejection.  It is also used for rheumatoid arthritis, maybe Crohn's and ulcerative colitis, I think.  I'm not sure.  This is a really scary med......but I am starving and want to be able to eat. I don't have any other options at this point because the only solution for me would be to stop eating.  Well, that won't do.

Has anyone on here tried this?  Or do you know anyone who has taken this med?  This is really scary for me, but I feel I have no choice. The good news is that the generic is cheap.  It's way cheaper than Gastrocom.  which did nothing for me but give me severe heartburn.

The other good news in all of this is I know my doctor is really trying to help me.  She also is familiar with Dr. Castells and is aware of her ideas, as well as Dr. J. Milner at NIH. I got the impression she consults with them.  

My doctor noticed that my interleukin-13 was elevated.  This result as well as my presentation has pushed her to use an immune suppressant.
« Last Edit: 02/21/15 at 02:17:54 by Futurehope »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print