Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tramodal for migraines? (Read 4292 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Tramodal for migraines?
02/14/15 at 06:36:16

Hi everyone! Along with everything I've been going through the past 2 months, I've been having terrible migraines. Usually 600 mg Advil knocks them out for me, but not these Embarrassed
It feels like a sledge hammer is going in and out of my head.
Has anyone ever taken tramadol for headachs? Is it a mast cell degranulater?  I don't know much about it. I just looked it up and its a synthetic opiod, so I'm not sure this is a good idea. I took Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth taken out 12 years ago, and again 6 years ago when I broke my toe. Both times I was super sick and vomiting. Any other ideas for migraines?
I need to take something. Ugh.
I'm sal sensitive so I can't take aspirin, and Tylenol doesn't do anything for me.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 02/14/15 at 08:52:20 by Britt »  

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Tramodal for migraines?
Reply #1 - 02/14/15 at 08:04:29

Hi,

Unfortunately, the only way we know if something will cause a reaction in us, it to try it.  You may be fine, or not... You could try a tiny portion of it first and see how you do with it. It is not supposed to cause as many reactions as the real opiates.

You could try acupressure points--it works for me everytime I get a headache, but I don't have migraines, so not sure if it would totally help you.  I press above and on my eyebrows for several minutes--you will be able to feel the spot. There are other spots--you an Google it. Also, acupuncture can help, if that is a possiblity for you.  Then, you wouldn't have to take more drugs:)  It works WONDERS for me with everything. I'm so sorry you are feeling so crummy--Sarah

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 02/14/15 at 08:54:26

i just read the possible side effects....I'm not going to try it. Too scary.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 10/03/15 at 18:59:24

Tramadol is often prescribed for pain in mast cell patients, because it is less likely to cause degranulation than some other pain meds.  I felt a little strange on it, but didn't degranulate. You can also pre-medicate before you take it to minimize any symptoms from it.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print