Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gastrointestinal Flu - Do You Still Take Your Meds? (Read 3264 times)
Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Gastrointestinal Flu - Do You Still Take Your Meds?
01/23/15 at 04:15:46

Okay, I've been suffering with ??? since early Monday morning.  Began with a low-grade fever (100.9 at the highest), headache, stomach cramping, diarrhea and loss of appetite.  I felt unwell.

In this particular case, which is not entirely over, I had stopped all meds completely, cold turkey, because I could not handle taking anything on an already irritated GI tract.

What have you all done in a similar situation?

I believe some of my problems the first day were caused by lack of fluids, lack of food, withdrawing from meds and being sick.

Once my gut was "cleaned out", and I survived the above, I noticed my interstitial cystitis pain had disappeared and my nasal stuffiness was gone, and I suffered no more headaches. I guess if I could stop eating all together, I would feel wonderful.....except that I would die of malnutrition?

Once I had no more food in me, and no more medications, I felt better.  There's a problem though, the diarrhea and cramping continued, and I am still not 100%.

I am slowly adding back the antihistamines and meds.

Do you take your meds during a GI illness?  I know I could not.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Gastrointestinal Flu - Do You Still Take Your Meds?
Reply #1 - 01/26/15 at 14:07:32

Yes I have.  The masto was being triggered terribly and whenever I get any kind of illness Iīve always get the double whammy of the masto being activated on top of whatever it is that I had.

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print