Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tamiflu (Read 4790 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Tamiflu
12/06/14 at 00:07:39

Has anyone taken Tamiflu? Is it safe for people with mast cell problems who regularly react to antibiotics? My husband has the flu, and I might have it. I'll head to a clinic this mornjng to get tested for flu to know for sure. (It's Saturday, so the doctor's office is closed.). I'm worried that I have it due to my symptoms and I'm even more worried about taking Tamiflu. Tamiflu has worked great for my husband. Oh and no I haven't yet had a flu shot....

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Re: Tamiflu
Reply #1 - 12/06/14 at 00:59:43

I've taken Tamiflu and Amantidine (because my pharmacist had run out of Tamiflu).  I did not know I had mast cell issues at the time. I was fine with both.

I pray you are able to take something and that you get well real soon, both you and your husband.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 12/06/14 at 02:32:47

Hi Deborah--I hope you don't have the flu. Did your husband test positive for influenza? Tamiflu is not an antibiotic, it's an antiviral, so if you've ever taken acyclovir, it would be similar to that. If you get bad symptoms when you're sick, it might help, but you have to take it within 2 days of the start of your symptoms or it's pointless. If I ever get sick now, my symptoms are mild, so I personally would not take Tamiflu. If you end up taking it, maybe just start with a tiny amount...  Good luck--Sarah

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 12/06/14 at 21:48:07

Haven't taken Tamiflu. But just had the flu. It was nastiness for about a week but now it's easing. I had mostly fatigue, fevers, night sweats, and no appetite.

Was semi refreshing to have an illness that goes away! Hope you don't have it.  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print