Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chronic Uritcaria and Blastocystis Hominis. (Read 3820 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Chronic Uritcaria and Blastocystis Hominis.
10/27/14 at 08:02:48

I want to share with everyone what I found out after going to 15 doctors and each one finding a little something but no diagnosis.

I was on death's door last July with all the regular mast cell misery symptoms and decided to go to a Neuro/Chiropractor who helps people with MTHFR gene defects (genetic methylation defects) and who are so sick.

He ran 9 vials of blood tests and a stool sample.  It came back positve for Blastocystis Hominis (medical community isn't sure if it's a fungi, parasite or what???? read about this online/too hard to explain).  I went to gastrointerologist who 2 1/2 years ago did my colonoscopy when I was trying to pin down mast cell disease and demanded he treat this parasite thing, he remarked that it isn't necessarily a bad thing and may not need treatment.  I was given Flagyl and after 4 days (felt like hell while this thing was dying inside of me), I woke up on day 5 and felt good for the first time since 2008, when I first went to rheumatologist because of all my symptoms.

So, I was diagnosed Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria originally.  I have been taking zyrtec since I joined this forum (I think it helps), but I cannot tell you the 100% improvement in how I feel now after 10 days of Flagyl.  I thought I had leukemia or some blood disorder.  I never got to Dr. Castells and was just suffering everyday for years.

The link below is regarding Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria and Blastocystis Hominis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15368795

I think for some of us with Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria (Secondary Mast Cell Disease) this just might be what the doctors are missing and why typical mast cell meds aren't working.  

Hope this helps some of you out there still suffering.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print