Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low T3 (Read 5165 times)
texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Low T3
06/10/14 at 11:31:28

Does this mean anything? As in should I see an endoc?

Thks

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Re: Low T3
Reply #1 - 07/22/14 at 02:46:09

I am on Synthroid due to my thyroid being removed for cancer 42 years ago.  My T3 is lower than it should be, but since the T4 and TSH are fine, I cannot increase my dose or I will get hyper.

I've come to the conclusion that taking exogenous hormone, in my case, prevents my body from converting the T4 to T3.  Or maybe mast cell disease has something to do with it?

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/23/14 at 16:47:36

I have low thyroid too. The doctor tried to put me on synthroid a year and a half ago, but it spun me out, like way out, and hyper. I was in like a manic state. It was scary. Needless to say, I do not take thyroid medication. (I also tried Armour and it did the same thing).
Futurehope~ Id love to hear more about exogenous hormone. What is that?
Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #3 - 07/24/14 at 14:30:55

When I use the word "exogenous", I mean "taking a pill", "a prescription" with thyroid hormone like Synthroid.  It means the hormone is coming from "outside" my body, and I need to ingest it in order to get it inside my body.

Swallowing a pill to get a hormone is not the usual way a normal person gets their hormones.  Normal people have thyroids which produce the hormone for them.  They don't need an "external" or "exogenous" form of the hormone.  Their bodies make a sufficient amount by themselves without any help. See?

I'm out of luck in that department.  My thyroid was removed for cancer and I am totally dependent on a pill.  My body cannot make any thyroid hormone since my thyroid is gone. As I was saying, I have always believed that giving myself a pill every morning cannot possibly mimic how the human body would naturally process what it needs.  That's my opinion.  But I have no choice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print