Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
probiotics (Read 6574 times)
Kalle
Ex Member

probiotics
03/21/14 at 09:41:50

Has anyone tried a histamine lowering probiotics they can tolerate? If so, would you share the brand?  I can't find one that has all the strains that are supposed to be histamine lowering.

I am looking at Kirkman Labs brand of hypoallergenic probiotic but am not sure about it.  It only has different strains.  

Thanks for any info.

IP Logged

Ladybug
Ex Member

Re: probiotics
Reply #1 - 03/21/14 at 11:50:49

Quote:
Has anyone tried a histamine lowering probiotics they can tolerate? If so, would you share the brand?  I can't find one that has all the strains that are supposed to be histamine lowering.

I am looking at Kirkman Labs brand of hypoallergenic probiotic but am not sure about it.  It only has different strains.  

Thanks for any info.

Hi Kalle,

I have MCAS and did do research to find what to avoid and what was safe to take. I have to take two different pills to get the following:

-Lacto. Plantarum
-Bifido. Lactis
-Lactobac. Acido.
-Bifidobact longum
-Lacto. Paracasei & rhamnosus

I hope this helps!

IP Logged

Kalle
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/22/14 at 03:40:34

Thanks Ladybug.  I've spend too many hours researching this subject & still  find it a little confusing.

I'm curious as to why you don't take bifido infantis, since it claims to be histamine lowering?  Are you staying with the "neutral strains" only?

Thanks again!

IP Logged

Ladybug
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/22/14 at 04:55:14

Quote:
Thanks Ladybug.  I've spend too many hours researching this subject & still  find it a little confusing.

I'm curious as to why you don't take bifido infantis, since it claims to be histamine lowering?  Are you staying with the "neutral strains" only?

Thanks again!

It's listed as my 2nd item above.  Wink

IP Logged

Kalle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/23/14 at 01:25:37

You can tell I am confused.  I didn't realize infantis & lactis were the same.   Thanks again Smiley

IP Logged

Ladybug
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/23/14 at 04:12:38

Quote:
You can tell I am confused.  I didn't realize infantis & lactis were the same.   Thanks again Smiley

Whoops, my bad, must have been in "off" yesterday. Have you done a search between the two? If not, I'll have to look that one up when I return home later today.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Kalle
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/24/14 at 06:36:20

The list I'm looking at says, Lactobaccilus Lactis is to be 'avoided' but
Bifidobacteria infantis is 'good'.  I'm not that familiar with probiotics so I'm now sure what to believe anymore.  I'm still trying to decide which brand is best.  I would prefer organic fillers.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Ladybug
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/24/14 at 08:33:52

Quote:
The list I'm looking at says, Lactobaccilus Lactis is to be 'avoided' but
Bifidobacteria infantis is 'good'.  I'm not that familiar with probiotics so I'm now sure what to believe anymore.  I'm still trying to decide which brand is best.  I would prefer organic fillers.  Thanks.

Oh good, glad it's right. I hope you find what you are looking for. Have a great day!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print