Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
react to hot chocolate but not brownies? (Read 4574 times)
Bebop99
Rookie

react to hot chocolate but not brownies?
03/21/14 at 04:08:18

I'm tracking my reactions, and I'm not totally sure yet but it seems like I react to my homemade hot chocolate but not my homemade brownies?
There are the same ingredients in each...?
hot choc: 3 T cocoa powder, 3 tsp sugar, spring water
brownies: for 9 servings: 1/2 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 cup butter, 4 XL eggs, 1/2 c. sugar, ~1/3 c. coconut flour

Unless I'm losing it, all I can think of is with the hot choc. maybe it is too much cocoa at once?  Or somehow the liquid state, especially hot, is a trigger?  However, I am fine with hot, organic coffee??  Shocked

IP Logged

KatFromMD
Ex Member

Re: react to hot chocolate but not brownies?
Reply #1 - 03/21/14 at 05:02:43

I find that I tend to react to very hot food, so it is possible that you are marginally reactive to the cocoa and the heat just makes you that much more susceptible.  I have done well with brownies for over a year, but it seems that I'm reacting slightly to the last batch I made.  They're exactly the same as always.  Sometimes it seems like there's just no logic to it.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 03/21/14 at 17:16:49

Could be the coconut powder.....

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 03/21/14 at 18:40:30

I agree that heat is probably the culprit.  My first trip to the ER for anaphylaxis was caused by a cup of hot tea, followed about two hours later by a big bowl of hot soup (it was February).  For months I thought one of the ingredients must be the culprit, but I ruled them all out with a strict elimination diet.  And... it was a vegetable soup, so I can't even blame histamine for that one!  Cheesy

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print