Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This one is for the ladies.... (Read 5715 times)
kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

This one is for the ladies....
02/28/14 at 12:20:18

First the good news: I've been able to add applesauce back to my diet. About 1/2 cup every few days. I even had a small bit of blended (frozen) blueberries. yum.

Now... the problem: it seems as if since I started eating the applesauce again I'm having some symptoms as though I have a low grade vaginal yeast infection. Is this a genuine possible link? Could that small amount of sugar in my diet really make that much difference? OR is this just part of what my body does. for about 4 months prior to my big flare up last Feb. I experienced ongoing symptoms of varying degrees in the same area.   Cry
Of course, then I was eating caramel ice cream nearly every day... so I could kinda see the problem there- I was also still able to eat oat-cookies and some other treats.  Cheesy

Any thoughts? Other new thing is that I've slowly been increasing singulair. Up to nearly 3/4 of a 10mg tablet but I can't imagine that having any bearing on that issue.

Thank you in advance!
Kelley

IP Logged

Aggie48
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: This one is for the ladies....
Reply #1 - 03/02/14 at 10:01:00

There probably is a link.  If I eat sugar, it affects my bladder - Makes me feel like I need to pee all the time.  Sorry!   Sad

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 03/02/14 at 12:48:52

Hi Kelley,

I don't notice anything like that when I eat sugar, but we are all different. Do you eat anything else with sugar in it?  I tried going to a whole Singulair too, and I have had major agitation both times now, so I'm sticking with 5mg for now... I didn't notice any other changes with it, if that helps.  Sarah Smiley

IP Logged

kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 03/19/14 at 00:41:03

I saw the acupuncturist and things calmed down that evening... and then sort of cleared out over the next week. wow.  Well, carrots and their natural sugars...and lots of potatoes which are full of starch but no, I don't even have maple syrup or honey or any sugar at all. it's been well over a year!  Cry

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 03/19/14 at 08:22:42

Hi Kelley,
This is off topic, but how long have you been doing acupuncture?  I just started, and have gone 3 times so far.  I spoke with 2 different acupuncturists, and they both thought I would need 6-9 months of treatments.  I asked her to start slow, and twice it's helped, but when she did all of the needles, I think it was too much for me... What do you think about it and how it affects you?  --Sarah

IP Logged

Aggie48
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 03/23/14 at 13:00:40

Hello Kelly,
   I've been to an accupuncturist and I think it has helped me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print