Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doing Great! (Read 1695 times)
donnarenee0529
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Doing Great!
02/05/14 at 01:54:02

I was diagnosed with IA several years ago. I want to say thank you to everyone that is a member here, because without y'all, I probably would have gone crazy! The cumulative insight to our "issues" has helped me in so many ways, along with the wonderful support everyone gives.

My good news is....all of my episodes have happened at work. Every single one of them, which somewhat hindered me being able to pinpoint my triggers. A week and a half ago, my company decided to transfer me from being in house with our customer to one of our facilities. Mind you....I always thought that part of my triggers were from being exposed to chemicals that were stored in the warehouse that I had to walk through to get to my office. Since being transferred, I have had two amazing things happen. 1.....my "spots" on my chest that have never lightened and have always been there (making it harder to tell if a reaction is starting) has gone away completely! 2....I actually ran out of my meds (and due to lack of funds) was unable to buy more for a week....and I had NO reactions! Not even close!!

I kept telling my boss that the customer was trying to kill me!  Grin

I read your posts, and I realize just how lucky I am. I've been able to control my reactions for two years now, and with the reduced stress at my job, I feel like I've turned a corner with this. I still carry my epi's....I am back on my meds, but I have a sense of calm now that I haven't felt in years.

I just wanted to share with everyone my good news! Praying that I stay this way for a very long time and health and happiness for everyone here!

IP Logged

Aggie48
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Doing Great!
Reply #1 - 02/05/14 at 05:25:34

Yeah!!!  It's always wonderful to hear good news!  Very happy for you!!!!

IP Logged

mountain girl
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 02/05/14 at 05:36:16

Thanks for posting.  We all need to hear that there can be relief! So happy for you!

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/05/14 at 08:44:32

So happy for you! A very good reminder for all of us to question our environment! Your post just relighted the fire I needed to figuring out the process of ripping our carpet out and getting wood flooring. I am certain that when we laid the new carpet 4+ years ago, that my bucket overfilled, and I haven't been able to empty it since!
Thanks for sharing! Smiley

IP Logged

donnarenee0529
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/25/14 at 04:12:42

Brigitte,

Carpet is one of the things that messes with me too....I opted for concrete slab as opposed to carpet when I moved into my house....not very appealing, but I feel better without it there! My DH just bought me wood flooring for the whole house so I'm super excited about it! It only took me six years to pick out what I wanted!  Smiley

Good luck on getting that nasty carpet out of there! (I had a carpet salesman tell me that you should replace your carpet every two to three years because of the "stuff" that gets trapped in it!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print