Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coffee? (Read 6472 times)
Aggie48
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Coffee?
02/03/14 at 10:15:06

Can anyone out there tolerate decaf coffee?  If so - do you have a particular brand that you like? Grin

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Coffee?
Reply #1 - 02/03/14 at 17:07:12

So far I can drink Ridgeways organic black tea in small quantities. I do get addicted to it pretty quickly so I don't try to drink it that often. I havent tried coffee yet, but I do tolerate the smell of organic decaf coffee beans.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 02/05/14 at 14:58:38

I loooooove coffee.  I couldn't drink it for a while, but I'm back Cheesy  My intestines don't love it as much as my brain does.  Let's just say that it ensures my "regularity" in the morning.  Ahem.  I buy high-quality organic beans and grind them myself (no chance of cross-contamination) then use a French press (no mold, no residue from a filter).  The taste is heavenly.  

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 10/12/14 at 19:19:20

I drink decaf once in a while but react to it in some not-too-serious ways.  For instance, it can definitely can affect my mood in terms of anxiety and irritability if I haven't had it in a while.  I'll also have more trouble falling asleep. It can also irritate my stomach.  Seems like I'm still reacting to the little caffeine it does contain, since these are classic coffee symptoms for anyone.  

I love it so much, though!  Hard to give up a good cup of coffee.  Before MCAS, it used to be my everyday morning ritual.

IP Logged

Spartako
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 10/13/14 at 17:09:13

Drank a lot of coffee until the MCAS got worse. Coffee was the first thing I gave up because I did not tolerate it, even when I needed another 3 years to find out about MCAS. I get headaches, diarrhea and brain fog from it.
Apparently caffeine is no problem and I take 200mg caffeine tablets almost daily to be less tired.
I tried some decaf brands but I also cannot toelerate it.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #5 - 11/03/14 at 18:18:54

I've been trialing decaf organic nut free coffee, so far causes GI upset, delayed PVCS and chest pain even super dilute tiny quantity. I miss coffee!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #6 - 11/05/14 at 19:49:59

Since coffee beans are fermented, they can cause problems.  Some seem to cause worse symptoms than others.

I don't have a problem with Seattle's brand or with Starbucks, as long as it's decaf and I dilute it a lot with milk.  Not like I'd prefer it, but still good.  On a bad day, I don't drink it.  Definitely do better with some organics.

Decaf green tea seems okay most of the time, but I don't make that very strong either.  

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print