Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acupuncture? (Read 7722 times)
kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Acupuncture?
01/07/14 at 09:29:20

Anyone had any success or really bad results w/ acupuncture?
I can't tell if my symptoms are starting creep back in a bit because it is COLD outside or if it is because I have not had a treatment in over 6 weeks. I guess I'm having a hard time telling if it is helpful or not.
My symptoms are vague- ---but beginning to mimic what I was feeling last year at this time of year (read: cold) but also, I had backed off the acupuncture too! ha!  
I'm guessing it has more to do w/ the cold than anything else.

Kelley

IP Logged

PatP
Rookie

Massachusetts
Re: Acupuncture?
Reply #1 - 01/11/14 at 16:04:39

Kelley, I haven't had acupuncture for many years, so don't know about that. But I do know that every Fall I start having an increase in stomach/GI tract symptoms. I've assumed it was due to seasonal allergy, but now I'm wondering if it's MCAS-related and from the weather turning colder.

I also have had thyroid issues, and have noticed hypothyroid symptoms sometimes cropping up when the temperature gets colder.

Pat

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 01/12/14 at 06:16:16

It is common to notice an increase in symptoms when the seasons change or during a particular season. Just increase your meds and watch out for triggers during those times, and then things will calm down.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 01/22/14 at 09:06:49

I second that!  Winter is a great time for me due to the lack of pollen... and I'm not easily triggered by cold.  Summer is the exact opposite Tongue  I've been able to (temporarily) reduce my medications a bit.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 01/22/14 at 09:28:01

oh ack. And I'm definitely feeling more symptomatic.
I need to move to a place where it stays between 60-80 degrees.

Wink

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 09/08/14 at 16:46:12

Hi Kelley,

I'm not sure if you've been checking the forum, but I wanted to comment on this subject.  I started getting acupuncture this spring and noticed results within a few weeks, so I have been going about once/week since then.  I started sleeping through the night again and having fewer reactions.  We recently moved (again) (hopefully the last time), and I didn't get acupuncture for about 5 weeks.  I started waking up at night with reactions and feeling worse in general.  I thought it was just from the stress of moving, but scheduled an appt to see what would happen. The day I got acupuncture was the first day I didn't have to take the Benadryl in a 4-week period.  I also slept without waking up in the middle of the night Cheesy  So, I didn't go back the next week, and the same thing happened--increased reactions and poor sleep (I usually do really well in the summer too, so strange for me).  I went last week and slept well again and didn't need Benadryl before bed!  I really feel it is helping me.  I see a Chinese doctor who teaches acupuncture, and she is amazing.  I was nervous to try it, but I recommend it.  I asked them to start slow with few needles and shorter times.  My body didn't tolerate the full treatment right away, but working up to it worked well for me.  I can feel when I am done and when I need to go again now.  Just wanted to let you know Smiley Sarah

IP Logged

kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 12/10/14 at 04:56:52

Sarah,
I'm so glad for you!  I hope all things are going better!! I've been (well, until the colder weather hit!) doing better. Regained all my lost weight. Added a few more foods back into my diet. Able to do a bit of exercise w/ predmedicating. So I'll take it!  

Kelley

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 12/11/14 at 13:22:41

Hi Kelley,

I'm so glad to hear that! I gained the lost weight back too. Cold triggers me too, so I definitely did better this summer. I also added carrots back into my diet, not much else. Good luck to you!  --Sarah

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print