Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lack of Dental Hygene (Read 3992 times)
bobkeenan
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Portland, or
Lack of Dental Hygene
01/02/14 at 12:02:50

Dental Hygene.... This is more of a theory but it is based on what a doctor told me and my recent events.

I had a major flare this last Thanksgiving.  We were vacationing near Tilamook, OR at the beach when I started some major flushing.  I was surprised as since I had started my aspirin therapy, in May,  I was almost feeling normal.  

Anyhow.... I had to go to the Tilamook hospital.   I think they had ONE doctor staffed.  They were really open to my instructions and I was stabilized in about 6 hrs or so but stayed the night.  The next day I was talking to the Doctor.  He was an old small town Doc who had worked there for 35+ years.   He had never heard of Mastocytosis.

He said in his experience he has only seen one other person with symptoms like mine that he called a Cytokine Storm.  The did not think that the other person had Masto but the symptoms were similar.  He also said that he found that the problem was dental issues.....  He said that the patients teeth were giving off bacteria and the body was reacting with the storm.  When they cleaned up the teeth the problem went away.  I did not think this had anything to do with me.

Meanwhile when I got home I was flaring a little every day.  I was keeping up with it but had to double my meds.

So I got to thinking what what causing this.   From May till November.... I felt great!!

Then I remembered the Doc from Tillamook.  I was overdue for a dental appt.  I did have a couple of cavities and one was tender to floss......
So while I normally floss once a day and brush twice.   I started to floss after I ate anything.   And Brush after every meal and before bed.   Added some hydrogen peroxide mouthwash.

Guess what.   5 days in a row with no flushing.   That has not happened since mid November.

Wonder if I am on to something?

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Lack of Dental Hygene
Reply #1 - 01/03/14 at 16:26:29

That is very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print