Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Caught in the act! (Read 1494 times)
sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Caught in the act!
12/04/13 at 15:09:44

Oh my gosh!  I just checked my labs from Mayo and my prostaglandins from my 24-hour urine were actually high.  I have done 3 24-hour urines, but this was a severe reaction and I finally caught one that had some real evidence.  Everything is always normal except my hemoglobin gets low.  I'll have to see what Dr. Butterfield thinks....  Not sure if I'm excited to have an abnormal lab, or scared Shocked

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Caught in the act!
Reply #1 - 12/04/13 at 23:26:22

P.S.  Not excited in a good way--more like agitated that I knew something was horribly wrong, but it took 2 years to actually catch something--this was a prednisone-requiring reaction for 4 days afterwards, and that's all that showed up--tryptase was 9.8.

IP Logged

kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 12/05/13 at 09:15:39

I'm glad you have some positive results. Sorry you had to have a really bad reaction to get them.
I understand the agitation- the knowing you aren't feeling right - and no one understanding or really listening.  But this is the confirmation you wanted!

Kelley

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 12/06/13 at 06:00:34

Thanks Kelley!  I was just thinking to myself, is this disease really real?  Who has this?  It's crazy and I hate it.  I have been having reactions for a month straight--the cold weather aggravates everything.  I'm hoping to get on a mast cell stabilizer soon...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print