Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hair Spray - What Kind of Poison is in this stuff anyway??? (Read 2061 times)
Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Hair Spray - What Kind of Poison is in this stuff anyway???
11/05/13 at 03:44:05

I am desperate to find something besides water to hold my flyaways in place.  I am not willing to spend $70 on assorted products that get thrown out because I cannot use them without side effects.

I bought a $.97 can of travel size Tresemme non-aerosol hairspray figuring ...it's $.97...I can throw this out without guilt if necessary.

Well, I put a smidgeon (a real smidgeon) on my fingers, worked it over several hairs, and the headache that resulted is no fun.  Yikes.   What do they put in this stuff that makes me react so poorly?

I guess it's back to the hair gel for me, though I find that too thick.  I have no choice.

I am not a happy camper about my reactions to hair products.  They all seem to evoke a bad headache.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hair Spray - What Kind of Poison is in this stuff anyway???
Reply #1 - 11/05/13 at 04:15:34

Hi Futurehope,
I have the same problem with fly-aways.  I am having issues with hairspray too, but I have some Pantene moisture whip foam that I can smooth on to the hairs and it doesn't make them crunchy.  It helps.  I think if you wore disposable gloves and try not to get it on your scalp, that might help.  They all have alcohol in them, so as long  as it doesn't get on your skin (even your fingers), maybe you wouldn't have a reaction Smiley  Good luck!  --Sarah

IP Logged

KatFromMD
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/05/13 at 05:31:46

I use products from Jessicurl.  They are blessedly free of a lot of chemicals and you can get them unscented as well, though I have no problems with the totally natural citrus-lavender scent.  They're mostly only available online (check their site for retail locations that carry the products), but if you sign up for their mailing list, they regularly have free shipping or 20% off offers.  They don't have hair spray per se, but they do have frizz control products, and just launched one with more hold.

www.jessicurl.com

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #3 - 11/05/13 at 05:40:02

Thanks.  You all are so helpful.  I get frustrated trying to do normal things, like keeping my hair in place, yet my body is reactive.  So, I'll check out the products you mentioned.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print