Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help finding H2 anti-histamine (Read 1873 times)
Bruce Hart
Guiding Light

Oklahoma, USA
Need help finding H2 anti-histamine
10/03/13 at 19:11:26

I've tried Zantac and Pepcid AC tablets. The Zantac caused rapid & strong heartburn within 1-2 min of taking it. The Pepcid AC causes mild heartburn.

I'm thinking it may be one of the inactive ingredients in them, but I wont be able to go to the doctor for a long time so I can't get prescription for compounded H2 anti-histamine. Anyone know any generics of the meds above or some other H2 anti-histamine I can try? I can manage my GI symptoms just by eating a very limited diet but I'd like to get an H2 to help with other symptoms. I'm looking for one that's dye free with minimal inactive ingredients to reduce chances of reacting to something in it. I know I tolerate most of the inactive ingredients in Zantac but thinking the red iron oxide or triactin may have been the problem.

I'll probably just have to wait several months when I plan on going to the doctor and just try compounded meds. It's so annoying that I need a prescription just to get OTC meds compounded.

IP Logged

Daffodil
Ex Member

Re: Need help finding H2 anti-histamine
Reply #1 - 10/03/13 at 22:38:59

Hi Bruce

I take Kirklands Acid Reducer as it was recommended to me by    someone on this site.  It has helped me so much with symptoms and you can buy it OTC.  I live in the UK so I have to have it posted over which I am happy to do.  I really must try Zantac as the ingredients are the same but I hate trying anything new in case I react.

Anne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print