Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here - MCAS, POTS and Lyme (Read 4332 times)
aimee8772
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

New here - MCAS, POTS and Lyme
09/22/13 at 06:33:15

Glad to have found this forum, SO much helpful information!

My name is Aimee and I am newly diagnosed with MCAS.  I live in VA but traveled to SC this summer to see Dr. Afrin and for the first time in my 41 years actually had someone make sense of all of the seemingly random and unusual health issues I have ever had.  What a huge sense of relief!

While I am thankful for the diagnosis, it appears that treatment is as challenging as figuring out what was wrong.  I have a lot of questions and will likely be posting ones that I can't figure out clearly on my own, so thank you all in advance for your help!

I also have a diagnosis of POTS and am particularly curious to find out from those of you who also suffer with this if you found resolution of your POTS symptoms with MCAS treatment.  Holding out some hope that you did!

I am married and have 4 boys and am trying to restore my health as quickly as possible to be able to do all (or at least some!) of the things I used to do with my family and friends.  I have been essentially homebound for the past year as a result of sever POTS and MCAS symptoms.  Prior to that I had been acutely ill with Lyme disease since 2009 but hope that I have successfully put that into "remission" and that my current issues stem just from the MCAS.  

Thankful for a place to come to learn and share!

IP Logged

kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: New here - MCAS, POTS and Lyme
Reply #1 - 09/22/13 at 13:06:07

HI Aimee,

I'm Kelley and new here as well. I don't have anything to offer as I was just diagnosed last week by a local MD who works w/ the group in Boston.  I have been though many of the forum posts and they are full of wonderful information.
I hope you are able to get back to feeling like "you".

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 09/23/13 at 01:19:54

Welcome!

I also have MCAS and POTS. Was really bad at first but figuring out my triggers, sorting out meds which ones work and which don't, unscenting and unchemicaling my life, and gradually building up excercise the POTS has essentially disappeared well at least to the point it doesn't get in my way, and I just still need to stay away from my triggers.

Don't give up

Lots of hope!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 10/11/13 at 05:44:11

Hey Aimee!
Welcome to the board, youre safe with us now Smiley Im glad you found a partner to work with in Dr Afrin. He's helping to save so many people with Mast cell illnesses.
I would tell you that treatment IS very much like getting diagnosed--one step at a time and everything will be tailored to you. You will have a list of meds to use and just go slowly to see which work the best and which should be dropped. Remember no new meds at night (natural histamine is highest in your body at 2am to 3 am). When you try a new med, make sure you tell someone and only try one new med at a time.

There is A LOT to learn, read and ask away! We're glad you're here.
Hugs,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print