Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Celiac and Masto (Read 1083 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Celiac and Masto
07/26/13 at 13:25:09

I just had a gi work up and it is starting to look like I may have celiac sprue.

Is there anybody else out there unfortunate enough to have both celiac  AND masto?

I guess for now, the mast cells are not present in an over abundance in the gi.  Guess they are away on business elsewhere!

I am trying to wrap my head around cooking without gluten, so if anybody knows of any good cookbooks or links to websites on this topic, please let me know.  I would love to hear from you!

I am bumming right now about have TWO weird conditions.  Nobody else in my family has all of this stuff!  I feel so limited now in what I can eat.

IP Logged

DavinaRN
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Celiac and Masto
Reply #1 - 07/26/13 at 15:46:01

I don't have celiac but gluten/wheat is a big trigger for me. We thought I had celiac and were starting the testing process when one of the episodes progressed to grade 5 anaphylactic shock.

As to food, I haven't found a bread I like yet (tried store bought and homemade), but I'm still trying. I do a lot of rice dishes, cook Chinese at home using gluten free soy sauce. Pay close attention to any seasoning mixes, a lot I will just mix my own (Internet search). Make sure you make corn bread using corn meal only.

Gluten free on a shoestring is a pretty good book.

I've been gluten free since October. Hope this helps some.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print