Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aspirin (Read 3568 times)
SusanF
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Aspirin
07/13/13 at 11:51:06

Hi Deborah,
I am new to this board and I have all the symptoms of a Mast Cell Activation Disorder. Tryptase is normal. I am responding to Zyrtec and Zantac and I will fill in my story in a separate  post. I wanted to know what to take for mild pain? I saw that you said you took aspirin in one of your earlier posts and wondered if you still do. I thought Aspirin and Advil were not good for this condition??? If anyone could advise me, I would appreciate it. Thanks Susan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Aspirin
Reply #1 - 07/14/13 at 15:30:37

Hi Susan,

Sorry you are sick and not feeling well.  Pain is indeed a tricky issue for us since some of us will react to the NSAID pain relievers.   Therefore it's hard for any of us to say what another can take or not because it depends on whether you can tolerate it.  The doctors feel that Tylenol is safe for us but it's not a great pain reliever and you don't dare take too much because of what it can do to your liver.  

It's really up to you to try what you can.  I tolerate aspirin and NSAIDs but I don't tolerate any kind of narcotic.  It's hit and miss.  Aspirin is a known MC degranulator which is why it, in particular can be tricky so perhaps you might want to try some low dose ibuprofen or another kind of NSAID unless you are tolerate to aspirin anyway then it's really just up to you what you chose.  

This is basicallly the rule for masto patients, what I can tolerate you may not be able to and what you have to do is try for yourself and do it at small doses first.  If all goes well then you can generally use it.  

I hope this helps.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print