Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about sals and soap (Read 1366 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Question about sals and soap
05/30/13 at 10:30:24

Hi all! So I'm on my quest to rid my daily routine of salicylates. I'm starting with personal care items. I have been doing fragrance free for some time, but that doesn't mean sal free! I bought like 30 bars of phisoderm soap off of amazon. I think the ingredients look pretty good, except that at the end it says it "may contain palm kernel oil". Hmmmmm.... I called the company and they were of little help. Does anyone know if this is an ok soap to use I'd trying to avoid sals? Any other suggestions? I read that fragrance free Dove was ok, but it wasn't fragrance free! There was enough smell to get me going! I also have tried Vanicream soap, but it has a coconut derivative in it. And there is Kirks fragrance free organic soap, but it also contains coconut. So I'm just not sure.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 05/30/13 at 14:07:33 by Britt »  

IP Logged

hope
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Question about sals and soap
Reply #1 - 05/31/13 at 17:43:44

I think Palm Kernel Oil would contain salicylates.

I have begun using liquid and bar soaps from Cleure and really like them. Great line of salicylate free and hypoallergenic body care products.

Are you also avoiding salicylates in your diet? I'm avoiding foods that contain sals and/or histamine (and also foods that cause the body to release histamine) and am beginning to see some improvement.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print