Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can you eat corn? (Read 2203 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Can you eat corn?
05/30/13 at 01:39:26

I am curious if anyone has trouble eating corn, or if they find themselves being triggered after eating it? I have noticed for a couple years an increase in symptoms after I eat corn, not corn products, but actual corn on the cob. Obviously, I have just stopped eating it now. I would love to know if anyone else reacts to it as well, though. (Kind of ironic that yet another healthy vegetable gets tossed from my diet. What a shame that we can't all be nutritionally healthy just by eating cookies! LOL)

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

shabrans
Tutor

Re: Can you eat corn?
Reply #1 - 05/30/13 at 02:21:53

Deborah
I can eat corn on cob( I only eat sweet corn thereare other kinds but they are higher in salicylates)
  I  like your thought on the cookies Smiley

IP Logged

KatFromMD
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/13 at 05:53:01

I actually had a bad flare the other day and the only thing different in my very safe diet was a small ear of corn on the cob for lunch, and some corn bread for dinner, so I'm thinking corn may be no good for me.  Funny, I just now realized that I stopped eating popcorn rice cakes because they seemed to be causing me problems. It seemed weird that they did, as that seems like such a totally innocuous food.  I now have to stick to rice crackers and lentil crackers if I want crunchy snacks!

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 06/05/13 at 11:08:06

Hi Deborah,

I was just wondering about that 2 nights ago...  I ate corn-on-the-cob last week and it was fine, but ate some 2 nights ago from a different store and it bothered me.  I wonder if it depends on the corn and possible pesticides or GMO's?  I believe sweet corn is not genetically modified, but field corn is for sure.  I can eat organic tortilla chips, but not the regular ones.  Food for thought anyway Smiley  Sarah

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 06/06/13 at 12:43:56

So far I can eat organic corn on the cob and it's so great when it's available. I haven't started eating anything canned or processed or non-organic so that's all I've tried. I always stick to the same store/producer for each food I eat so far. High maintenance, but too many variables otherwise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print