Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't even brush my teeth FFS (Read 4778 times)
NickT
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Can't even brush my teeth FFS
05/01/13 at 22:34:54

I wake up and I feel great. I have some food, but that's OK because I stick to my diet and I still feel great.

I put on some music and I'm enjoying my morning routine.

Then I brush my teeth and my life turns to complete shit. Headache, face pressure / stretching / feels hot. Now I've turned into a nasty, irritable, awkward person who hates life and hates everyone else.

I've tried all different toothpastes, even just pure sodium bicarbonate, but every time it always messes me up.

I hate everything.

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Can't even brush my teeth FFS
Reply #1 - 05/02/13 at 10:51:45

Sad  even pure baking soda is a problem??  Are you using mouthwash?  I can not use toothpaste or mouthwash because of the  salicylates!  I use backing soda!

Pam

IP Logged

NickT
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 05/02/13 at 20:36:24

No mouthwash.

I just wanted to vent my anger but I didn't really feel any better for it.

Today I'm going to brush my teeth later on when I get to work, just to make sure that is the problem though. I hope it's not. It might be my deodorant.

IP Logged

NickT
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 05/02/13 at 23:24:12

Yep - brushed my teeth at work and now my face  and head are all tingly / stretchy / pressure.

ahh well. I only have to wait 2 months for a doctors appointment Sad

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #4 - 05/03/13 at 15:27:03

Bless your heart! Could you perhaps on a day off try to mix things up? Like do everything as usual and skip brushing your teeth until later in the afternoon? See what happens. Two more months until your appt is a long time to endure this without knowing for sure if it's the teeth brushing.

Here's just a personal thought. Some people get rashed when they rub their skin. Could the actual rubbing/scrubbing the gums be the cause and not necessarily the brand or ingrediants of the toothpast. Just a thought.

IP Logged

NickT
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 05/13/13 at 02:58:00

It definitely wasn't brushing my teeth causing the problems - it was the straw that broke the camnel's back though.

I was on my way to recovery, and then my eye infection came back. So now that's causing my symptoms to flare up and make me feel bad. There  is always, always, always, something that stops me getting to the stage of feeling good.

At least I have a safe diet I know I can eat, and I'm comfortable brushing my teeth. I'll get there soon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print