Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not feeling well :( (Read 6110 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Not feeling well :(
04/30/13 at 13:32:59

Hi everyone.....so I feel like a fair weathered friend. I come back here whenever I'm feeling really bad and need some support and maybe some answers. I'm sorry for that. I guess when you're feeling "ok" you kind of enjoy life a little more and fall off the forum grid! Anyways, needless to say, I haven't been feeling so good lately. I went through a good stretch, which got me thinking, what am I doing differently? I took care of a few things, but I sill feel ick. About 3 weeks ago I went to Sephora to look for a new moisturizer. I've got several samples, paying attention to things with little to no fragrance. One of the things I was using was a fragrance free skin oil. So the question I'm going to throw out to you, could these lotions and oils be effecting me? It's not like a get skin reactions, or hives, i just don't feel good. There are a lot of plant ingredients in them which makes me wonder....so tonight I will go back to my eucerin. I think I do we'll with that.
Thanks for reading!  Smiley

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Re: Not feeling well :(
Reply #1 - 04/30/13 at 15:41:59

I do not know what may be causing your discomfort.  

But I can tell you that a few years back, I had Bobbie Brown products applied to my face and I reacted to them (headache).  I had purchased over $200 worth of stuff.  Back they all went.  I was lucky to get my money back.  I had purchased everything at Nordstrom's.

If I were you, I certainly would think about the idea that the new products may be the cause.  Let me know what happens if you decide to stop using them.

IP Logged

NickT
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 05/01/13 at 01:38:02

I get an immediate headache and brain fog from some hand creams, even though my skin is fine. In fact, one of the creams moistens my skin and makes it look normal.

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 05/01/13 at 03:35:36

smells are a big thing for me...I use Johnson Baby Lotion and powder as these seem to be an OK thing for me...
I also use snuggles fabric softener in the green jug but recently my little store was out so I bought snuggles in the blue jug...BIG MISTAKE...instant headache...I used it for a laundry load and have wahsed them several times but may have to throw them away..

redbird

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 05/01/13 at 07:38:48

Ya, I can't handle fragrance of any kind these days. But what has me stumped is my possible sensitivity to even non fragrant lotions etc. my guess is that maybe the plant extracts are soaking in and bothering me  Huh. Seems the more natural, the worse for me! Lol of course synthetic fragrances get me worse than anything though! Ugh!!!!
BTW, thanks pj123, thanks for the link to Dr. Afrins publication!!!

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 05/01/13 at 14:03:11

Hi Brigitte,

I'm back too because of how lousy I'm feeling   It's tree allergy season right now on the east coast and I'm allergic to birch and maple so I know this is why I'm lousier (is that a word) than usual.  My hands are sooooo dry and I have tried everything known to man but everything bothers me, so I just use vasoline.  Like you said the more naturala product the worse it is for me because of salycilates.  I don't use a moisturizer on my face or anywhere for that matter because I cannot figure out what I'm really allergic to in the first place.

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #6 - 05/03/13 at 10:14:51

Britt wrote on 05/01/13 at 07:38:48:
Ya, I can't handle fragrance of any kind these days. But what has me stumped is my possible sensitivity to even non fragrant lotions etc. my guess is that maybe the plant extracts are soaking in and bothering me  Huh.

You would be surprised at the chemicals that go into making cosmetics.  And yes, applying them topically can affect you. A reaction may have more to do with the chemical ingredients than with the smell of a product.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print