Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Attack of the Masto Monster (Read 4773 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Attack of the Masto Monster
04/21/13 at 11:36:51

Hi Masto Buddies  Smiley

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  I just moved to a new state and took a new job the past few weeks and have been very busy.

The new job has turned out to be very stressful and the worksite seems to have a lot of problems.  I have been working really long hours under some tough circumstances, and it set off my masto bigtime this weekend.

I got very bad headache and nausea, gi too.

Needless to say this isn't working out the way I had hoped, and now I am regrouping and trying to think about finding something else.  This is not a good fit for me.  There was really high turnover at this place before I came, and I kind of see why now.

So, it you say your prayers tonight, will you say one for me?  I sure could use it.  I'm trying to be tough kid, but this one is a doozy!

Thanks so much!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Attack of the Masto Monster
Reply #1 - 04/21/13 at 21:17:43

Done jbean!

Listen to your instincts. Stress is sooo bad for us and I constantly find myself rationalizing the stress I could otherwise modify, but out bodies won't let us get away with too much.

Starting any new job is stressful. I hope it gets better or you find another one quickly!!

Selfish question, do scents in the workplace bother you?

Take care

IP Logged

MCAS and POTSMama
Tutor

Busy working Mom of 3
who needs to get well!

Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/31/13 at 15:47:08

Hi Ana,
Just noticed this thread and thought I'd comment.  Recall I recently quit my fulltime job in favor of a part-time job that came available (and could do so because my husband is again working full time).  Huge help!  Ever since my previous company moved into a new building a few years ago that has little ventilation and I believe a poor HVAC system, I've struggled at work... runny nose, itchy eyes, brain fog, tight chest that abated some when I would go home, itchy arms and scalp sores breaking out.  I didn't smell much in the building (except for women who wore TOO MUCH perfume and I'd run from them, ha), but clearly there was something in the air that got to me.  Then recently I found out they are mitigating mold they found in the building, and that not far away is a sewage treatment plant that released chemicals into the environment not that far from the intake vents to the building I was working in - - no wonder I was suffering!  Well, in the two weeks since I quit and started working only in an old VA hospital building part time I've felt much better - - go figure.  Even though that building is old, it has windows that actually open and the wing I work in does not have any hospital smell.  So work environment, smells or no, sure can make a difference to those of us with MCAS and MCS!  Now I find out they are transferring my job to a brand new clinic they are building that will be ready in 6-8 months! I'm going to worry silly that all the new construction will kill me - - outgassing of new building materials, VOC paint, chemicals they may use in the new clinic, etc.  Sheesh - you just can't win with this it seems.  But recently I was in one new building just painted and did fine because they used no-VOC paint, so time will tell if the new clinic will be a problem for me or not.
Colorado Carol Undecided

Carol
MCAS and Hyperadrenergic POTS

IP Logged

MCAS and POTSMama
Tutor

Busy working Mom of 3
who needs to get well!

Colorado
Reply #3 - 05/31/13 at 15:48:01

P.S. jbean, hope you're doing better now!  
Carol

Carol
MCAS and Hyperadrenergic POTS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print