Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sensitivity to cell phones and MCADs? (Read 5143 times)
Bruce Hart
Guiding Light

Oklahoma, USA
Sensitivity to cell phones and MCADs?
04/09/13 at 01:14:50

I've wondered for a long time if anyone with MCADs have symptoms triggered by electromagnetic radiation from electronics such as cell phones.

I've had cell phones quickly trigger my brain fog and pressure in my head on the side I had the phone. And because of that I've never actually owned a cell phone yet.

As far as I know I don't have symptoms triggered by my computer monitor, but it would be hard to tell since I live on my computer. Smiley
« Last Edit: 04/09/13 at 20:14:58 by Bruce Hart »  

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Sensitivity to cell phones and MCADs?
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 19:39:34

I mentioned the EI/MCS realm on your last thread. You probably already saw that there are many who also have EMF sensitivity.

I've looked on this site before and liked it for safe housing attempts

https://reshelter.org/

It seems many of us MCAS folk are also triggered by chemicals and scents....MCAS is beginning to be recognized by mainstream medicine but MCS is not....I'm not sure where the division and overlap  lies in the pathophysiology etc, but I've found help from both bodies of knowledge.

IP Logged

shabrans
Tutor

Reply #2 - 05/12/13 at 13:36:30

I definitely have triggered from emfs. I cannot use cell or portable phone for more than 15 min without getting symptomatic. The latop is an even bigger problem( I assume because of the heat it generates as well)- so stick with my nook which doesnt seem to bother anywhere near as quickly.  I do have troubles with all scents and many chemicals,mostly due to salicylate sensitivity.

IP Logged

Bruce Hart
Guiding Light

Oklahoma, USA
Reply #3 - 05/19/13 at 02:01:37

Thanks for replying Shabrans. I've been thinking ever since I learned of MCADs over a year ago that Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity could both really be MCADs. That will be great if they are, versus being unknown, unaccepted and untreatable diseases.

MCS seems to be far more widely known to people and so they don't even get tested for MCADs. I think MCADs are going to turn out to be far more common than most people think and that would probably help get a lot more funding and awareness for MCADs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print