Send Topic Print
Need to Get Better (Read 4398 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Need to Get Better
02/26/13 at 07:52:37

Hello Masto Friends,

Well, I am in the process of moving to another state for a new job, and after having a masto flare up while hunting for a new place to live, I thought I had put in my quota for bad luck.

However,  it appears I have not.  I promptly came down with a flu-like virus, and have had to postpone my move for a week in the hope that I will recover.  I even had my flu shot, as did everyone in my family, and now we are all sick and laying in the bed!

It was the whole icky flu deal; fever, nausea, gi, coughing, snotty nose.... etc.  I went to the doc, and I was getting a secondary bacterial infectio too, so they gave me antibiotics to knock that out.  Masto is not happy, so they have given me a script for more prednisone if that gets too fiesty.  This one knocked me flat.

When you go to bed tonight, please say a prayer for JBean, that I rally from all this madness and am able to get on with my move.  The moving boxes are sitting in the livingroom half full, with everyone laying in bed blowing through a box of tissues!  Embarrassed

Sometimes, the body just can't seem to get with the program, you know?

On a more positive note, I did manage to find a new place to live that is only 3 min from the ER  YES   Grin

IP Logged

BlueSkies
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Need to Get Better
Reply #1 - 02/26/13 at 15:15:37

Hello jbean,

Oh, how awful!  

We have the flu at our house, too.   Our daughter has it.   The doctor 'kindly' told us that hubby and I are going to get it as well.   Daughter has been sick 8 days, we don't have it yet.   We are popping echinacea & elderberry supplements, and I'm adding in Vit C.   I am holding my breath!  

But, of more interest to you, if you get to the doctor quickly enough, you could take the tamiflu medicine, which is suppose to shorten the flu.   Now, I'm not recommending the medicine, because I am getting ready to post a question about if it's safe for us masto people.   (But, if anyone wants to answer that right here, that is fine with me!)

I just learned this week that doctors have a test they can do to determine if you have flu or not, and if it's the A or B type.   They do a swab in your nose and check it.   At least, that's what our's did.  

I so hope you get better fast!!   What rotten timing!
Praying for you,
BlueSkies

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 02/26/13 at 18:10:53

Poor JBean. Get well soon! Totally sympathize with the moving chaos. So much triggering checking out places!

Good luck

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/27/13 at 10:56:44

Hang in there and don't push anything. The boxes can wait. Being close to the ER will be a great comfort! Sending positive thoughts your way!
Angelloz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print