Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
React first time but not with leftovers (Read 3912 times)
DavinaRN
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

React first time but not with leftovers
02/22/13 at 15:00:04

Going crazy, can't seem to figure this out. I know leftovers grow histamine if not frozen and you can react. I have done that  Sad.  But by same token I have 1/2 a take out meal DH picked up at home with reaction, put the remainder in frig and ate the other 1/2 later for supper with no reaction.  Think my solution will be to find a protein shake to replace meals. I HATE reacting to just digestion, it makes it all so hard. It was easier when I could eat anything other than wheat, and to think I thought it was hard to give up wheat.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: React first time but not with leftovers
Reply #1 - 03/07/13 at 19:56:49

Leftover animal foods (meat, fish) are often the main culprit in leftover reactions.  Some people are more sensitive and react to any leftover.  Usually, 4 hours is the rule for a food to become risky, but if refrigerated at a low temperature, there might be a longer window.

Then there's the "bucket."  If your bucket isn't already close to full, you might not react to something.  If it's filled to the brim, one small thing might cause a problem.

I don't know that a protein shake will be the answer for the long term, unless you're just having them when you're in a flare.  Have you tried a low histamine diet or other elimination diet?  Are you on enough H2 antihistamines and mast cell stabilizing meds?

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print